Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Just listened to Top Drawer, and...... yeah, let's just say:

500.jpeg

Despite the cynicism I do somewhat agree that lots of these rare rock and psych records are mostly propped up by a few good cuts and put on a pedestal solely because of rarity / cool factor. I'll give this one a listen again, but I don't think I need it either. The opening cut is on Forge Your Own Chains which is easily my favorite Now Again comp, and honestly a much better listen than almost any of the albums it draws from.

I’d be down with Forge Your Own Chains as an Essentials release fwiw

I’d be down with Forge Your Own Chains as an Essentials release fwiw

It's a great comp, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't touch it. It's blocked from sale on Discogs due to some copyright claims by Ofege. Essentially Now Again didn't license half the music on that one, which is the ultimate example of playing yourself. It's still streaming and for sale on Now Again if you don't have it. I think it's a pretty decent pressing, cut at Truetone, nice sound for what it is.

This LITA variant is much better than anything VMP would put out: The Shaggs - Philosophy Of The World

I used to own this but sold it once the novelty wore off. I only bought it because Kurt Cobain listed it as his 5th favorite album of all time (could've been trolling too, who knows).
Holy fuuuuck that pin. I mean in no way is this thing even TOUCHING my collection but I do kinda want that pin.

This LITA variant is much better than anything VMP would put out: The Shaggs - Philosophy Of The World

I used to own this but sold it once the novelty wore off. I only bought it because Kurt Cobain listed it as his 5th favorite album of all time (could've been trolling too, who knows).

Doesn't the LITA reissue make The Shaggs more likely to be the RotM? I mean the Betty Davis RotM from a couple years back was just a variant of the LITA remaster and there have been a few LITA variant exclusives.

Back