Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Thank god, their records are in sorry need of reissues. It feels like it has been at least 6 months.
I‘be never got the whole Fleetwood Mac thing. Tusk aside they’re a bit shit, right? Basically what people spun in the 70’s and 80’s at wine and vol au vent parties before they busted out the fishbowl and launched the car keys in.

I‘be never got the whole Fleetwood Mac thing. Tusk aside they’re a bit shit, right? Basically what people spun in the 70’s and 80’s at wine and vol au vent parties before they busted out the fishbowl and launched the car keys in.
I reckon this is a hot take around these parts. Lots of fans here.

I don't love them either, but I don't think I've ever seen them get much hate in here.
I’ve seen loads of glowing reviews of Pallas copies of Rumours and just assumed when they all flood in that it’s ’Pass the Glue Day’

I just find them totally, totally tedious. Ala Clapton and the already mentioned Eagles. Proper Geography Teacher music

(Apart from Tusk which is so good I’m assuming they made it by accident)

I’ve seen loads of glowing reviews of Pallas copies of Rumours and just assumed when they all flood in that it’s ’Pass the Glue Day’

I just find them totally, totally tedious. Ala Clapton and the already mentioned Eagles. Proper Geography Teacher music

(Apart from Tusk which is so good I’m assuming they made it by accident)
Why is “Geography teacher music” SO accurate 🤣

and part of what made that album interesting was mostly because Buckingham was heavily inspired by post punk, other than that all the songs could have fit on an album like tango in the night no problem
The idea of Buckingham bringing in a copy of PiL 2nd Edition or Gang of Four Entertainment to the studio to share with rest of Cocaine Mac breaks my brain.

The idea of Buckingham bringing in a copy of PiL 2nd Edition or Gang of Four Entertainment to the studio to share with rest of Cocaine Mac breaks my brain.
“Producer Ken Caillat commented on Buckingham's obsessive nature in the studio: "He was a maniac. The first day, I set the studio up as usual. Then he said, 'Turn every knob 180 degrees from where it is now and see what happens.' He'd tape microphones to the studio floor and get into a sort of push-up position to sing. Early on, he came in and he'd freaked out in the shower and cut off all his hair with nail scissors. He was stressed."”

Last edited:
Producer Ken Caillat commented on Buckingham's obsessive nature in the studio: "He was a maniac. The first day, I set the studio up as usual. Then he said, 'Turn every knob 180 degrees from where it is now and see what happens.' He'd tape microphones to the studio floor and get into a sort of push-up position to sing. Early on, he came in and he'd freaked out in the shower and cut off all his hair with nail scissors. He was stressed."
Cocaine is wild as hell

Back