Vinyl Me Please Essentials

(Apart from Tusk which is so good I’m assuming they made it by accident)
This is so funny to me. The record was an absolute bomb when it was released and looked at as a step down as I remember. I used to see these in the $1 bins for most of the late 80s and 90s (alongside a mountain of copies of Rumours and all of the rest of their material that is somehow popular now, sort of like Journey). The two hits are good, well, at least the first 100 times I heard them in the grocery store.

This is so funny to me. The record was an absolute bomb when it was released and looked at as a step down as I remember. I used to see these in the $1 bins for most of the late 80s and 90s (alongside a mountain of copies of Rumours and all of the rest of their material that is somehow popular now, sort of like Journey). The two hits are good, well, at least the first 100 times I heard them in the grocery store.
Pretty sure there is some rule somewhere that states any cd that is pumped through a supermarket PA system has to have at least one Fleetwood Mac song on. They play Landslide all the time at my local Morrisons which, if I'm being perfectly honest, doesn't exactly add cheer and enthusiasm to the lettuce buying process.

They play Landslide all the time at my local Morrisons which, if I'm being perfectly honest, doesn't exactly add cheer and enthusiasm to the lettuce buying process.
Billy Corgan did a fine job of ruining that song for me in the 90s.

I can’t believe the amount of SLANDER going on in here! I will not stand for this!!!
Man, I did my damn duty in 1977. I begged my Mom to buy me a copy right off the racks at Carson, Pirie and Scott and she had no other choice but to submit. Incidentally, I have no idea what happened to it, but strangely, I still have the cardboard insert.

I‘be never got the whole Fleetwood Mac thing. Tusk aside they’re a bit shit, right? Basically what people spun in the 70’s and 80’s at wine and vol au vent parties before they busted out the fishbowl and launched the car keys in.

Check out early Fleetwood Mac with Peter Green. A different beast entirely.

It’s not so much hate as it’s just a big average 80s parents dinner party background music. This forum is the first place I’ve ever seen universal acclaim and it kinda confuses me a little.
Sade was one of my Mom and sister's favorites growing up. I thought it was elevator music and did not enjoy it then. But around 30, I listened to the discography again and found it very pleasant depending on the mood I was going for. It's nice to relax to and sounds great on vinyl. Like butter for your soul.

It’s not so much hate as it’s just a big average 80s parents dinner party background music. This forum is the first place I’ve ever seen universal acclaim and it kinda confuses me a little.
I think if you were a kid in the 80s there is now a whole catalogue of pretty decent (or better) artists that for you will always be a bit shit. And parents are largely to blame.

For example my love of Springsteen is a Christmas miracle. The Boss got so much play in my house growing up I’m amazed I can survive any of his pre-90’s output.

I think if you were a kid in the 80s there is now a whole catalogue of pretty decent (or better) artists that for you will always be a bit shit. And parents are largely to blame.

For example my love of Springsteen is a Christmas miracle. The Boss got so much play in my house growing up I’m amazed I can survive any of his pre-90’s output.

Yeah my dad loved Springsteen too. But he had such a big collection that he never really burned anything out for me. I just didn’t like the stuff I thought was boring or shit. Was never keen on Erasure and he played that quite a lot and the Corrs were just shit and he still doesn’t accept that 😂

Yeah my dad loved Springsteen too. But he had such a big collection that he never really burned anything out for me. I just didn’t like the stuff I thought was boring or shit. Was never keen on Erasure and he played that quite a lot and the Corrs were just shit and he still doesn’t accept that 😂
Erasure is great.

The Corrs didn't leave you breathless?

Back