Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Unless they just did...

giphy.gif
mmmmmmm you could be right actually 😉🙊

True enough. And honestly, I am excited to hear it. I've liked the singles quite a bit thus far! I'm just not convinced it's an album that I NEED yet. I need to hear it. And then probably order that cream split variant because it's way cooler.
I listened to them all again in anticipation, and honestly they're not that bad. Hurry on Home is pretty good, I kind of like the title track until it becomes freaking awesome in the last minute. The future is here is kind of meh though.

For a flip side opinion, it is one of my most spun VMP releases. It was a popular one to hate on for a variety of reasons, but I just love throwing it on this time of year. It's a nice, breezy, sunny summer morning album. Worth a listen if you've never heard it IMHO. It sells for peanuts on Discogs if it grabs you!
This is the correct take on Tennis. I think I’ll play it tonight!

It sucked

I love Tennis ... I've been a fan since the beginning. That being said, I'd say that Conditionally Yours is their worst album... BUT on the flip side, like @sjaygray, that Tennis release is probably my most spun VMP exclusive and I'd consider it the best "new release" ROTM that they've done.

I love Tennis ... I've been a fan since the beginning. That being said, I'd say that Conditionally Yours is their worst album... BUT on the flip side, like @sjaygray, that Tennis release is probably my most spun VMP exclusive and I'd consider it the best "new release" ROTM that they've done.
i find that offensive to moses sumney, blessed feathers, and mitski (if we are only talking about the essentials)

I think @Teeeee mentioned that someone compared it to Rumours (though that may have been another ROTM), which isn't a comparison i'd make lightly
Absolutely correct. Cam told us Tennis was worthy of sitting in our collection alongside Fleetwood Mac, meaning he found the album analogous to Rumors or some such nonsense.

More hyperbolic FOMO crap from vmp definitely made me dig in deeper on my stubborn refusal to consider any new release they proclaim as an essential album.

Absolutely correct. Cam told us Tennis was worthy of sitting in our collection alongside Fleetwood Mac, meaning he found the album analogous to Rumors or some such nonsense.

More hyperbolic FOMO crap from vmp definitely made me dig in deeper on my stubborn refusal to consider any new release they proclaim as an essential album.
Really, trying to sell any album by saying "it's just as good as ____" is setting it up to disappoint

I was going to say... Isn't Blessed Feathers considered to be one of the worst ROTMs? I always see it at my local record stores and it's selling for next to nothing (Lapsley too).
I do kind of like it, but honestly it's not ROTM material once again. How it sold out is beyond me. I always thought that in terms of quality of the records, Sprinter by Torres was always the worst.

I love it. It's probably my most listened-to ROTM, including streaming and vinyl spins.
i find that offensive to moses sumney, blessed feathers, and mitski (if we are only talking about the essentials)
"Best" is too subjective in general, but I'd put Blessed Feathers on the bottom of the New Release ROTMs, and pretty low in the overall rankings.

And Tapestry! I think what he said was that he'd consider it a staple of his Sunday morning stack, alongside Rumors and Tapestry but... honestly, it did them no favors. Why invite comparisons to 2 enduring classics? So stupid.

It bums me out a little bit that you hate this album, because I love it so much, hahaha. But I totally get how their obnoxious hyperbole drove you crazy on this one.

I was going to say... Isn't Blessed Feathers considered to be one of the worst ROTMs? I always see it at my local record stores and it's selling for next to nothing (Lapsley too).
I remember when I was considering signing up for the first time and delving through their previous ROTM Blessed Feathers stood out like a sore thumb. That seems like a VNYL pick as opposed to a VMP ROTM selection. I just assumed one of the higher ups at VMP owed the band a favor or something.

Unrelated: the dude from the group I guess is putting out a his first solo joint. If my memory serves correctly Blessed Feather was a husband and wife duo. The dude stated the new album is all about his divorce and the death of his estranged father so that one sounds like it’s shaping up to be the feel good album of the year.

Look.
A big part of VMP was the forum for me. I love the crack and recommendations and all the help people would give to one another.
I cancelled my subscription after they closed the forum. Needles was good to go but I could always venture to Rough Trade to chase up what's cool and down with the kids these days.
Today I hoped to choose my last month's Essentials. SK, not for me, I hoped to swap out for something I've mentioned here before. How wrong I was! Apparently I need to resubscribe to choose my final month! WTAF!!
I sometimes get emotional about things I care about, and yes sometimes I'm wrong about things. What I am struggling to understand is how, if I paid for a 3 month package on 5th of May, why I need to resubscribe before Aug 1st to get this months record??!!
By my maths I've had 2 records not 3 for the package. Neither were the ROTM bybthe way, bloody swaps!
Thank Funk I can pick n choose my own ROTM from now on. Just don't tell Wor Lass!!

Look.
A big part of VMP was the forum for me. I love the crack and recommendations and all the help people would give to one another.
I cancelled my subscription after they closed the forum. Needles was good to go but I could always venture to Rough Trade to chase up what's cool and down with the kids these days.
Today I hoped to choose my last month's Essentials. SK, not for me, I hoped to swap out for something I've mentioned here before. How wrong I was! Apparently I need to resubscribe to choose my final month! WTAF!!
I sometimes get emotional about things I care about, and yes sometimes I'm wrong about things. What I am struggling to understand is how, if I paid for a 3 month package on 5th of May, why I need to resubscribe before Aug 1st to get this months record??!!
By my maths I've had 2 records not 3 for the package. Neither were the ROTM bybthe way, bloody swaps!
Thank Funk I can pick n choose my own ROTM from now on. Just don't tell Wor Lass!!

If you paid in May, then your 3 month subscription would be May, June and July.

Back