Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I've never really been on the "no new release ROTM" bandwagon, but I am starting to understand it more and more.
IMO, if this was an album I was super interested in, it's a nice variant and most sub costs are only a little more than the retail price for this.

That being said.... I could never really get into them and my sub renews August 1 so I think I'm probably taking a break from VMP for now.

Storf just said one of the reasons this album is Essential is "women over 40 don't often get to make rock albums".

I actually need to go spend some time in prayer to decide if I need to reply to this atrocious backslap to women rockers or if the rock gods need my service elsewhere
Just saw that too. He's kinda being dick all over that reddit post.

Intrigued as to which Sabbath's you are missing. I would have thought you would have the full discography!!

Criminally Dehumanizer is out of my reach. I am also missing Vol 4 and Born Again. I actually think Born Again is quite good. So Vol 4 is next to grab. I’ve had them all on cd and have seen Ozzy fronted Sabbath twice.

Storf just said one of the reasons this album is Essential is "women over 40 don't often get to make rock albums".

I actually need to go spend some time in prayer to decide if I need to reply to this atrocious backslap to women rockers or if the rock gods need my service elsewhere

Just another reason why that idiot has bad takes. Just because he doesn’t notice, doesn’t mean it does not happen.

My eyes are strained from rolling them so hard.

I actually wish Jenny Lewis or Chrissy Hynde could read that so he could catch those hands
Or Kim Deal or L7 or Alice Bag or Kim Gordon or Cristina Martinez or Chan Marshall or Mary Timony or the many many other women who are over 40 who have released rock records in the last few years.

I’ve never cared for that dude and that company is hot trash.

Or Kim Deal or L7 or Alice Bag or Kim Gordon or Cristina Martinez or Chan Marshall or Mary Timony or the many many other women who are over 40 who have released rock records in the last few years.

I’ve never cared for that dude and that company is hot trash.
He gives me a "I didn't care for 1989 until I heard the Ryan Adams version" vibe

I wonder what SK and St Vincent would think about that hot take?

Back