Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Has Bright Eyes had anymore... Incidents... On tour this spring?

Saw he walked off the one and thought to myself what a drama queen. Don't really feel like supporting that at the moment.
I bet in your expansive record collection you have a whole stack of records from people who at one point in time, have been drama queens.

Saw he walked off the one and thought to myself what a drama queen. Don't really feel like supporting that at the moment.
As a fan of both Ryan Adams and Cat Power the Bright Eyes story brought back a nice bit of nostalgia for the early 00s.

I've luckily never had an artist walk out of a show. I mean, I've seen a show put on hold briefly as someone blindside tackled a Gallagher, and Snoop was once unacceptably late for a show but considering how many times it's happened and how many shows I've seen it's surprising.
Speaking of a Gallagher, Liam is the only show I've been to where there was a walk off.

I followed that story for about 48 hours, and he seemed to be back at it the following night with no issues (or statement from the band). Unfortunately, I think this might have more to do with abuse issues that drama queen-ness. Not a good look, especially since his brother drank himself to death at 42.

Speaking of a Gallagher, Liam is the only show I've been to where there was a walk off.
giphy.gif

i've never seen a full cat power show. went to see her twice and she walked off both shows.
We saw her when she toured for The Greatest and by then the audience seemed well familiar with her reputation, as a result it was one of the quietest shows I have ever attended. We were almost afraid to clap after songs ended. The audience collectively held their breath everytime she would apologize (which happened a lot) but we managed to make it all the way through and for it being just her, a piano, and a couple guitars on stage I would say she handled it like a champ.

Last edited:
I'm replaying that Bright Eyes album.
It's been a minute, I know I loved it back when it was released but it's better than I ever remembered.

GZ is going to fuck it up aren't they?

We saw her when she toured for The Greatest and by then the audience seemed well familiar with her reputation, as a result it was one of the quietest shows I have ever attended. We here almost afraid to clap after songs ended. The audience collectively held their breath everytime she would apologize (which happened a lot) but we managed to make it all the way through and for it being just her, a piano, and a couple guitars on stage I would say she handled it like a champ.
I went to a free show where Blind Boys of Alabama opened for her. Then she came on and messed up the first song twice at the beginning and walked off. The other show was similar but she played more songs before leaving and the venue refunded money.

She just played a show near me the other week and we were going to try to go at the last minute but couldn't make it. Seems like she was battling a lot of demons and I'm glad she seems to mostly be doing better now.

I have this version: Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning which says it is a remastered 2016 reissue, but all the comments are from 2020 or later. Was there another remaster? Is the VMP version going to be any different than the version I have?
oh i have a hunch its the exact same version with a color change.. that or its going to be a color repress of what secretly would have done with the album anyway (with no companion EP it seems)

Back