Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun dilema...I had been contemplate upgrading this for a while, but which version do I get?

Option 1 - Stick with my beat up CD from when it came out, completed with cracked case, but no scratches. (Cost = $0)
Option 2 - Upgrade to the 4 CD 20th Anniversary version (w/ live show and rarities) that came out a couple years back. (Cost = $30)
Option 3 - Upgrade to the 7 LP 20th Anniversary version (w/ live show and rarities) that came out a couple years back. Pressed at GZ. (Cost = $200)
Option 4 - Upgrade to the new Pallas reissue (Cost = $30)
Option 5 - Upgrade to the VMP version. Likely pressed at GZ. (Cost = $50)

Oh yeah, saw Sigur Ros on tour in 2001 at a church. It was as good as you imagine.

View attachment 121152
4!

View attachment 121165
Sigh...was hoping the rumors of surface noise on Meters was unfounded. Surface noise on second and final track of side A. Haven't got to side B yet. Washing my hands of the whole experience.

I'm not even a member anymore, and am still waiting on my OutKast replacement disc, but somehow this one is the most disappointing to me. The Meters, and you guys, deserve better!

I'm not even a member anymore, and am still waiting on my OutKast replacement disc, but somehow this one is the most disappointing to me. The Meters, and you guys, deserve better!
It sounds so good otherwise. Such a shame they fucked this up.

The main problem was it was in the driveway, not camping out in the woods.
I've been thinking about the need for a solar powered table/speaker set. It would sell really well with preppers and would make vinyl viable post-collapse, if such a thing we're to occur. Also camping 🔥😁

View attachment 121165
Sigh...was hoping the rumors of surface noise on Meters was unfounded. Surface noise on second and final track of side A. Haven't got to side B yet. Washing my hands of the whole experience.
Side B is good. Fantastic even. Not a single issue. Had this been a $30-35 CAD album I'd be slightly disappointed, but I could overlook it. But that's not what we're talking about, so I'm going to notice these things all that much more.

I've been thinking about the need for a solar powered table/speaker set. It would sell really well with preppers and would make vinyl viable post-collapse, if such a thing we're to occur. Also camping 🔥😁

Yeah, I have a solar panel for the trailer for camping in the bush, so I usually run out of fresh water first. And a solar panel/battery pack combo for my phone. Could probably use it on a Bluetooth speaker, but I like to camp in peace.

5xmk6x.jpg
i somehow am very lucky with them

Side B is good. Fantastic even. Not a single issue. Had this been a $30-35 CAD album I'd be slightly disappointed, but I could overlook it. But that's not what we're talking about, so I'm going to notice these things all that much more.

I’ve said this before, but the GZ pressings have destroyed my enjoyment of the Country track. I have had the standard GZ crackle on the last A side track of almost every VMP Country album I’ve gotten. It’s just sad.

I’ve said this before, but the GZ pressings have destroyed my enjoyment of the Country track. I have had the standard GZ crackle on the last A side track of almost every VMP Country album I’ve gotten. It’s just sad.
I'm pretty selective about my country, but several of their picks have been pretty inspired and I took the bait. Unfortunately, issues with the Emmylou in particular made it clear that they are either unwilling or incapable of providing value at the current price point - apart from their approach with Classics, of course.

Really love that Iris Dement, but just can't do it unless the reviews somehow come in favorably.

i might accept sigur ros, might swap, am staying on the sub though.... i just don't really like the anthemic parts of the album (like i listened to the bracket album and it worked a lot better due to amplifying emotions in a stronger way through a less traditional structure)

i might accept sigur ros, might swap, am staying on the sub though.... i just don't really like the anthemic parts of the album (like i listened to the bracket album and it worked a lot better due to amplifying emotions in a stronger way through a less traditional structure)
I loved the music of () but the single line lyrics annoyed me so much I can't listen to the ducking thing

I loved the music of () but the single line lyrics annoyed me so much I can't listen to the ducking thing
i actually find it weirder to zone out with the actual language lyrics..it feels weird and like my brain semi interprets the Icelandic lyrics if I'm sleeping or so

wait.. what if they DO press it at pallas and not Gz like the rest of the new reissue

wait.. what if they DO press it at pallas and not Gz like the rest of the new reissue
I have heard that the OG copies have really shitty covers, I don't know about the reissues, but I haven't heard anyone bitching about it th3e same way that the OG covers get hated on. THAT SAID, Pallas with VMP sleeves and maybe a nice color? I am probably going to go for it, personally.

It looks like the 20th anniversary editions were gz presses, but the recent EU 2021 reissue was pressed at pallas.
I preordered the 2021 reissue from target (it has the same bar code/upc # as that 2021 EU reissue) for $27 using the 3 for 2 deal.

Back