Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Got the Meters in today, I will say the mastering is stunning, and no noise or warps or off-centerness to report on this copy luckily. Best Essentials ROTM of 2021 imo.

That's great. I held off to get it down the road as a future swaption which, based on most of these frontrunners, is gonna be sooner rather than later.

Looking back at the clues, there is a lot of room for interpretation here that kind of annoys me now that they are offering prize incentives for them.

Saying an act is "associated with" a city is pretty broad. Someone actually guessed Blur for the Icelandic band as Damon Albarn received Icelandic citizenship. Both front runners (and the Patrick Watson guess too) for the solo Montreal pick aren't even born in Montreal, just live there at some point.

Why is "indie rock" in quotes? What does that even mean?

"Depending on how you count" isn't a proper clue.

Iunno, if I'm making a contest I'm going to leave no room for dispute. VMP on the other hand still manages to be vague while raising the stakes.
Indy rock. It's John Cougar.

lol and someone on Reddit cracked the Jan ROTM's with a Shopify exploit.

Anyway, the Pallas pressed Sigur Ros is still a preorder on Amazon for under $30- Im guessing once the word gets further out there is a Pallas when the GZ inevitably collapses, it will sell out

Amazon product ASIN B08QWH3H7H
I ordered this and the two main Built to Spill records I needed on vinyl. So I am out for for the next 3 months with everything I wanted (except maybe Lonesome Crowded West) for about half the price of a 3 month subscription.

I ordered this and the two main Built to Spill records I needed on vinyl. So I am out for for the next 3 months with everything I wanted (except maybe Lonesome Crowded West) for about half the price of a 3 month subscription.
But what pretty color are the versions you bought? 🤔🤔

Was just teasing. I don’t understand when people want something simply for the color when a better pressing exists. I got a lot of crap on Reddit when VMP did John Prine and recommended that people pick up the reissue campaign version that was way cheaper than the VMP one. Has happened with a few other titles too.

Was just teasing. I don’t understand when people want something simply for the color when a better pressing exists. I got a lot of crap on Reddit when VMP did John Prine and recommended that people pick up the reissue campaign version that was way cheaper than the VMP one. Has happened with a few other titles too.
Oh I know. I wouldn't have minded VMP versions and if one of the other tracks had something I was interested in, I probably would have just gotten the VMP version for ease. But it is definitely a weak 3 month stretch across the board.

Seems like Meters is surface noise roulette again. Won't know about mine until Monday. One more noise complaint in the comments.

Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun dilema...I had been contemplate upgrading this for a while, but which version do I get?

Option 1 - Stick with my beat up CD from when it came out, completed with cracked case, but no scratches. (Cost = $0)
Option 2 - Upgrade to the 4 CD 20th Anniversary version (w/ live show and rarities) that came out a couple years back. (Cost = $30)
Option 3 - Upgrade to the 7 LP 20th Anniversary version (w/ live show and rarities) that came out a couple years back. Pressed at GZ. (Cost = $200)
Option 4 - Upgrade to the new Pallas reissue (Cost = $30)
Option 5 - Upgrade to the VMP version. Likely pressed at GZ. (Cost = $50)

Oh yeah, saw Sigur Ros on tour in 2001 at a church. It was as good as you imagine.

1639334641642.png

Sigur Ros - Ágætis Byrjun dilema...I had been contemplate upgrading this for a while, but which version do I get?

Option 1 - Stick with my beat up CD from when it came out, completed with cracked case, but no scratches. (Cost = $0)
Option 2 - Upgrade to the 4 CD 20th Anniversary version (w/ live show and rarities) that came out a couple years back. (Cost = $30)
Option 3 - Upgrade to the 7 LP 20th Anniversary version (w/ live show and rarities) that came out a couple years back. Pressed at GZ. (Cost = $200)
Option 4 - Upgrade to the new Pallas reissue (Cost = $30)
Option 5 - Upgrade to the VMP version. Likely pressed at GZ. (Cost = $50)

Oh yeah, saw Sigur Ros on tour in 2001 at a church. It was as good as you imagine.

View attachment 121152

I'd say 4 and 2, unless you really want the 7LP, in which case I'd say to for that.

That’s what I’m leaning towards too. Although I can also imagine my wife’s indignation if I get not one, but two copies of an album I already have.

Or, perhaps more effectively, you can let her know you saved like $130 by doing it that way instead of getting the 7LP set.

You saved more than you spent! What's not to love?! ;)

Back