Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I was not in for Mars Volta, but my gf loves that album and I don't find the Classics album for the month too exciting, so I figure I'll give them another shot. It sounds like the album is a grower and the version available for streaming doesn't do it any favors.

I'm in for De-Loused. I remember when it came out, it took me a while to get in to it but I always remember thinking I couldn't understand how someone could make that music. Like, how did they write it, how did they even begin to compose this? Thinking about it now I'd say it probably blew my mind back in 2003.

And a bit of (possibly well known) trivia for you: Flea of Back to the Future fame plays bass on the album.

I think you are selling Flea a little short here… He also co-starred in The Big Lebowski. 😉
I knew he was in The Big Lebowski but had never noticed back to the future 🤯 it’s like he just can’t help but be awesome

isn’t he also on a Thom Yorke album?

So, I haven't been a member of VMP in a while, but have a few questions. I was thinking of signing up for 3 months, starting with Mars Volta in the Essentials Tracm, then switching to ATLiens, then switching to Lee Morgan in September.

1. Is this possible?
2. Is there a possibility when I go to switch from Essentials to Hip Hop in August, the Outkast album will be sold out?
3. Is there a specific time when I need to swap between tracks to guarantee I obtain those 3 albums?

Thank you. Really mostly wanted ATLiens, as it is one of my favorite hip hop albums, and I love Lee Morgan.

So, I haven't been a member of VMP in a while, but have a few questions. I was thinking of signing up for 3 months, starting with Mars Volta in the Essentials Tracm, then switching to ATLiens, then switching to Lee Morgan in September.

1. Is this possible?
2. Is there a possibility when I go to switch from Essentials to Hip Hop in August, the Outkast album will be sold out?
3. Is there a specific time when I need to swap between tracks to guarantee I obtain those 3 albums?

Thank you. Really mostly wanted ATLiens, as it is one of my favorite hip hop albums, and I love Lee Morgan.
You don't really need to switch tracks each month. Just get on swapping the AOTMs while remaining on the same track. At least, that's how I do it. You usually have about a week to swap once the titles are announced.

1. Is this possible?

1.- I would sign up now with Hip-hop your main, switch to MV then have your sub ready for next month. I assume it will sell out
2.- See answer 1
3.- If you are around when swaps go live, you should have no problem

My 2 ¢

You don't really need to switch tracks each month. Just get on swapping the AOTMs while remaining on the same track. At least, that's how I do it. You usually have about a week to swap once the titles are announced.

1.- I would sign up now with Hip-hop your main, switch to MV then have your sub ready for next month. I assume it will sell out
2.- See answer 1
3.- If you are around when swaps go live, you should have no problem

My 2 ¢

yes
no
swaptime
Appreciate the responses. I signed up for Essentials. I'll just swap in August for ATLiens and in September for L. Morgan. Seems straightforward enough.

Do they usually email subscribers with the date/time for swaps?

Appreciate the responses. I signed up for Essentials. I'll just swap in August for ATLiens and in September for L. Morgan. Seems straightforward enough.

Do they usually email subscribers with the date/time for swaps?

It’ll say the next time swaps open on your membership page. You can also always ask here, it feels like at least one person does every month.

Folk are trying to flog/flip VMPs press of Deloused on eBay already! I know a lot of VMP albums end up on eBay at some stage, but is this normal? Why would you pay three times the price for it, when you can sign up 3 months for the same price, get this album and two others?

Last edited:
Folk are trying to flog/flip VMPs press of Deloused on eBay already! I know a lot VMP albums end up on eBay at some stage, but is this normal? Why would you pay three times the price for it, when you can sign up 3 months for the same price, get this album and two others?

I've seen it happen with a few other releases in the past and I believe the phrase "there's a sucker born every minute" is a fitting description of it.

Folk are trying to flog/flip VMPs press of Deloused on eBay already! I know a lot of VMP albums end up on eBay at some stage, but is this normal? Why would you pay three times the price for it, when you can sign up 3 months for the same price, get this album and two others?
good question

1625110111826.gif

it's good, as good as you're likely to find. there are noise issues with it, but they're part of the recording, not pressing issues. the bonus 7" is nice but not a be-all end-all. just nice to have i guess. they did a good job on the pressing IMO.

If you like the doors (or this specific album) but aren't a huge audiophile nerd about it, this is a solid copy to have.

Last edited:
Back