Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Got my replacement for John Prine. It is more distorted and had as many skips as the copy they were replacing, so I'm DONE with the VMP version.

I still really like the album and want a copy. Does anyone have anything to say about the black vinyl version readily available? Is it worth it?

Get the Rhino. It's a better sounding version IMO. The packaging is better on the VMP version, otherwise I definitely recommend the Rhino Kevin Gray cut.

Got my replacement for John Prine. It is more distorted and had as many skips as the copy they were replacing, so I'm DONE with the VMP version.

I still really like the album and want a copy. Does anyone have anything to say about the black vinyl version readily available? Is it worth it?
It's super. Kevin Gray is the safest bet I'm the biz

Got Room on Fire in today. Spun side A right away and was a bit disappointed. Looked a little closer when I went to side B and saw TONS of dust and debris. Sounds great now after a good cleaning, wish I would have started there.

Should I try for a third copy of Billie Holiday when swaps open? Overall reviews of it are great on discogs, so I’m pretty sore that I got two sucky copies.

my copy was good and it's such a wonderful album.

That seems to be the general consensus, which is why I was surprised to get not one but two copies with noticeable surface noise issues. VMP would only give me credit instead of another replacement, so I guess I can put that credit toward one of the ROTM slots. I probably am gonna want Country but neither Classics nor RHH are doing it for me this month. I don't like Kid Cudi at all either, but my wife wants it so... :\

Maybe it's just been awhile, but the membership page seems different to me. When I went to reactivate my membership for Essentials so I can secure a copy of Kid Cudi, it says I can start my membership with Room on Fire. I always remember not being charged until the end of the month, so if I sign up now, can I always swap the Room on Fire for MOTM? Or will I be charged immediately for Room on Fire, and then be charged again for MOTM? I'm afraid if I click "Try 1 month", it'll automatically lock me in for Room on Fire. If anything should I just wait until tomorrow to reactivate?

Maybe it's just been awhile, but the membership page seems different to me. When I went to reactivate my membership for Essentials so I can secure a copy of Kid Cudi, it says I can start my membership with Room on Fire. I always remember not being charged until the end of the month, so if I sign up now, can I always swap the Room on Fire for MOTM? Or will I be charged immediately for Room on Fire, and then be charged again for MOTM? I'm afraid if I click "Try 1 month", it'll automatically lock me in for Room on Fire. If anything should I just wait until tomorrow to reactivate?
Yeah I think tomorrow is the first day that you can sign up to receive Cudders!

Didn’t VMP just “reissue” this?

“In addition to the film (which will be released on the label’s YouTube page), Oh Boy will celebrate its four decades with special releases (such as new music from Tré Burt and a special edition John Prine 7" box set), reissues, pop-up events, and more to be announced...2021 also marks the 50th anniversary of Prine’s self-titled debut album, which Oh Boy will reissue later this year.”

Back