Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Good thing they did not live north of Seattle or they might be called Chuckanut Drive

True...that said, a much more scenic road.
LOL! Cuz I wanna be a salty bitch. TBH, I would only “pffft” Oregon in relation to WA. Oregon is a fine place to visit. That being said, If St. Louis starts getting credit for Wilco I may hafta start dropping some caps locked PFFFFT’s

It is more salty up there, for obvious reasons. I have lived and worked in Washington State (Bellingham) and have a good friend who lives on a farm in Orting, so I have spent some good time in Tacoma. Both places are great, but I am very happy to call Oregon home. That said, too damn many people in Portland these days...still, it’s a great place to raise a family, and the opportunities for taking in live music are tough to beat.

LOL! Cuz I wanna be a salty bitch. TBH, I would only “pffft” Oregon in relation to WA. Oregon is a fine place to visit. That being said, If St. Louis starts getting credit for Wilco I may hafta start dropping some caps locked PFFFFT’s

St. Louis doesn’t even get full credit for Uncle Tupelo (Belleville, Illinois).

Olympia has a great music scene, and a rich history...that said, no need to pfft Oregon, given how much of the band’s history is tied to this place. Why not celebrate both?
Agreed! I used to work at a record store in Seattle and our “Local bands” section included Portland and Vancouver, BC artists.

Let me just take the opportunity to share this. My SK playlist I made for anyone that is new to SK and wants to get into them.

Thanks for this! I have not listened to SK before, but I hit shuffle on this list and listened to the first 30 seconds two songs. That was all I needed to confidently go into this one blind.

Confession time : I've tried my hardest to get into SK and it's just not for me. I haven't heard anything from the new album yet but it could be a potential swap for me too.

Sorry @Teeeee!
Oh no worries at all! I know they aren't for everyone.

The new album , so far, sounds very different than the SK I'm used to. More like St. Vincent. But I don't begrudge you your taste at all! You tried which shows you were at least open minded enough to give a listen. I hope you get a great swap!!! That ships. And isn't warped. ;)

Let me just take the opportunity to share this. My SK playlist I made for anyone that is new to SK and wants to get into them.

Weird, I have actually spent a few hours this weekend mentally picking and choosing songs for exactly this!

I was a little sad to see my favorite song from The Hot Rock not represented ("Quarter To Three"), but there's soooooo many good ones to choose from on that album that I get it.

Why nothing from the first EP? I have "The Day I Went Away," "How To Play Dead," "Lora's Song," and "The Last Song" on the short-list for my own playlist.

My Phoenix arrived this week, and the spindle hole is ridiculously small- it couldn't get onto the spindle at all. I took photos, and I'm emailing them about it...

My spindle hole is quite small as well. I had to use a little more pressure than usual.

After I deflowered it, it felt fine on subsequent plays. 😂

Back