Vinyl Me Please Essentials

The reasoning for not merging was the amount of traffic they all had. At this point, some threads are going 4-5 days without a post. I think it may be time to finally revisit that...
I’d gently suggest keeping the RHH thread separate. It seems to do a goodish job of containing some of the jackasses, for whatever reason.

The reasoning for not merging was the amount of traffic they all had. At this point, some threads are going 4-5 days without a post. I think it may be time to finally revisit that...
A lot of the traffic in each thread was because of the "guess me" clues that we'd be getting each week - people trying to figure out what they mean and subsequently recommending music as a result of said clues, leading to a lot of discussion surrounding not only the clues, but the music being suggested. Now that we don't have those clues, what's left to talk about? People don't usually even get their albums until the second half of the month (at the earliest) so I'm not really shocked by how dead each thread has been

A lot of the traffic in each thread was because of the "guess me" clues that we'd be getting each week - people trying to figure out what they mean and subsequently recommending music as a result of said clues, leading to a lot of discussion surrounding not only the clues, but the music being suggested. Now that we don't have those clues, what's left to talk about? People don't usually even get their albums until the second half of the month (at the earliest) so I'm not really shocked by how dead each thread has been
Good point. So I guess, most likely, the threads will be fairly quiet for two months, then pick up when they start giving clues for the next quarterly cycle.

Good point. So I guess, most likely, the threads will be fairly quiet for two months, then pick up when they start giving clues for the next quarterly cycle.

The Essentials and Classics threads will probably be similar to a sine wave if this is the new normal* for announcements, as many of us haven't even received a shipping notice for this month yet. It's difficult to discuss the quality, or lack thereof, of a pressing not yet in hand :)

*until they change their minds yet again; consistent in their inconsistency

Just listened to Stankonia side A for both the VMP and original LaFarce. Honestly, I cannot tell much of a difference between them (both are essentially NM). The VMP might be a little more enveloping. The sound of the VMP one was more engaging to me than the OG if that makes sense. Maybe someone with a more revealing system can say which is better to them. This album was never a sonic marvel in the first place like Aquemini is but it sounds pretty good. The heavy gatefold is nice and the silver text is cool but the artwork is slightly more blurry.

Back