Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Either Stankonia is the dirtiest record I have received from VMP to date, or it is a good master with pretty bad pressing. I haven't had a single track without at least one crackle point. It's pretty easy to over forgive one or two, but this has been pretty consistent.
Fucking hell. I haven't had a good pressing from VMP outside of classics since June. De Stijl, Fetch The Bolt Cutters, BVSC, Spiritualized all had either crackle or popping issues.

Fucking hell. I haven't had a good pressing from VMP outside of classics since June.
but thats because you are using one of the most detail retrieving and nitpicky cartridges possible that isn't a low output moving coil

but thats because you are using one of the most detail retrieving and nitpicky cartridges possible that isn't a low output moving coil
It's also because GZ and TMR can't consistently press clean records. My cart doesn't create noise Dukey, it just hilites issues that exist. It's why QRP pressed Classics from VMP all sound great.

Last edited:
not a fan of it i only use mine on beat or dirty records like thrift store finds i find it adds very light surface noise to some records.
Yeah, I dislike the spin clean. It’s made my records more noisy unfortunately. Never again for me!

I know I’m not doing it properly (the drying part) as I use the dryvac straight after a quick wipe and sleeve it afterwards, but the Spin Clean is too much effort for me and I hate that it made most of my records more noisy!

there was a degree of irony in my post
Ahhhh that is true! If Mather’s wants noisier records, then the Spin Clean is a great investment! 💡😂

But Mather is smart, and does things with precision so I’m sure the Spin Clean would only improve the sound quality on his records! 😇

Yeah, I dislike the spin clean. It’s made my records more noisy unfortunately. Never again for me!

I know I’m not doing it properly (the drying part) as I use the dryvac straight after a quick wipe and sleeve it afterwards, but the Spin Clean is too much effort for me and I hate that it made most of my records more noisy!

My spin clean has never made a record noisier ?.. it’s cleaned out skips , jumps etc and definitely improved playback ...so what are you doing wrong ...drying them with sandpaper?

My spin clean has never made a record noisier ?.. it’s cleaned out skips , jumps etc and definitely improved playback ...so what are you doing wrong ...drying them with sandpaper?
Could be that, given Nathan's love for all things VMP, that his level of excitement once he's unsleeved the latest VMP Exclusive only adds to the sticky mess that was already there as he was taking it out of the packet. And there may be no getting that off

I use deionised water etc and the 1 cap of cleaning solution per 30 records or so ... a drying rack for 10 minutes or so..then a wipe down before new sleeves ...

I might invest in a wet vac system..local record shop supplies a kit made on a 3D printer to go with one and she swears by it over a proper cleaning machine

Could be that, given Nathan's love for all things VMP, that his level of excitement once he's unsleeved the latest VMP Exclusive only adds to the sticky mess that was already there as he was taking it out of the packet. And there may be no getting that off

Now that’s taking a love of records to a whole new level .....

Back