Vinyl Me Please Essentials

All this talk about what the possible next few Essentials ROTM's could be is filling me up with joy! I can't stop smiling! 😃:

Britney Spears Clap GIF - BritneySpears Clap - Discover & Share GIFs

I am reading the clues! Erykah Badu is on Humble Mumble, a track on Stankonia! Erykah Badu will be the 2nd Essentials ROTM out of the three, and the 3rd Essentials ROTM is by an artist that Erykah Badu is often compared to: Minnie Riperton or Billie Holiday!
Oh duh. I mixed up the clues myself and thinking the 2nd album was Outkast in your scenario...I feel like Jill Scott and Badu also get compared all the time.

i would still be surprised if 3 months in a row were RHH-related...that’s what is throwing me off the most. 6/9 albums in 3 months would all revolve around hip hop/r&b?

Oh duh. I mixed up the clues myself and thinking the 2nd album was Outkast in your scenario...I feel like Jill Scott and Badu also get compared all the time.

i would still be surprised if 3 months in a row were RHH-related...that’s what is throwing me off the most. 6/9 albums in 3 months would all revolve around hip hop/r&b?
Well, look at all the previous Essentials ROTM's this year! Space Rock, Son Cubano, Blues, Rock/Blues, Rock, Punk-Rock, Pop, Hip-Hop, Indie

We are due for a neo-soul ROTM! Neo-Soul has never been done! Stankonia makes sense of course because of that clue, Stankonia teasing and just the fact that they've touched OutKast before and have a strong relationship with Big Boi.

And December will be a soul album! Soul is very different to hip-hop, and it will be like the usual December Essential picks; a soul album (Like the Mavis Staples, Nina Simone, Aretha Franklin ROTM's etc).

"Essentials: The first album features the former spouse of the artist of the second album, and the third album is by an artist that the second artist was often compared to."

I think the use of "features" gives a wide latitude to who it could be. For example, the first album could be Stankonia and the "former spouse" could be Andre 3000, Big Boi, or any of the featured artists on specific songs (including Erykah Badu).

My guess is that December will repeat the trend of being a soul album, so that is one place to look.

"Essentials: The first album features the former spouse of the artist of the second album, and the third album is by an artist that the second artist was often compared to."

I think the use of "features" gives a wide latitude to who it could be. For example, the first album could be Stankonia and the "former spouse" could be Andre 3000, Big Boi, or any of the featured artists on specific songs (including Erykah Badu).

My guess is that December will repeat the trend of being a soul album, so that is one place to look.
It was confirmed that the December Essentials ROTM will be a soul album!

I think the word features makes it more likely that the October Essentials ROTM will be OutKast! André 3000 is a featured artist who makes up part of OutKast and Erykah Badu was a featured artist on the album Stankonia! They were in a relationship and even had a child together, so I guess the word 'spouse' would be enough to work in this context. Like Erykah's better half in the late 90's was André 3000!

It was confirmed that the December Essentials ROTM will be a soul album!

I think the word features makes it more likely that the October Essentials ROTM will be OutKast! André 3000 is a featured artist who makes up part of OutKast and Erykah Badu was a featured artist on the album Stankonia! They were in a relationship and even had a child together, so I guess the word 'spouse' would be enough to work in this context. Like Erykah's better half in the late 90's was André 3000!
Where? Classics and Essentials will be soul in the same month?

Back