Vinyl Me Please Essentials

"the first album features the former spouse of the 2nd album"

that means this album alone can either involve the person or have a feature with the person and the next is their spouse..

Not with those years its not stankonia. Unless you think its for essentials? Maybe!
Yeah, I already got confused on that one, but I now remember when Storf hinted at Stankonia he said of course it would be Essentials, which makes sense.

For the Essential ROTM picks, I just have a feeling we are getting:

October - OutKast: Stankonia
November - Erykah Badu: Mama’s Gun
December - Minnie Riperton: Come To My Garden

The December Essentials ROTM will be a Classics type of ROTM - A soul album specifically! Therefore, the second artist has to be someone that is often compared to a soul, jazz or blues singer!

Last edited:

The December Essentials ROTM will be a Classics type of ROTM - A soul album specifically! Therefore, the second artist has to be someone that is often compared to a soul, jazz or blues singer!
Billie Holliday would make more sense for December in my opinion.

Absolutely fuck paying money for Hole albums, and everything Nirvana has great pressings already

Live Through This is one of the best rock albums of the 1990s, and Courtney Love is a badass.

That said Nirvana + Hole combo makes no sense, because they’re much too similar in style to be Essentials in back-to-back months. People need to get back to the drawing board. @duke86fan is probably on the right track.

Whilst Erykah Badu was in a relationship, and had a child, with André 3000 they were never married, wiki has him as her former partner, and so she isn’t his former spouse.

Whilst Erykah Badu was in a relationship, and had a child, with André 3000 they were never married, wiki has him as her former partner, and so she isn’t his former spouse.
What’s your guess then? Maybe John Lennon and Yoko Ono!?!

I can’t imagine it being that! That wouldn’t make any sense at all, having them two next to each other as Essential ROTM’s!

Because they just wouldn’t with Destiny’s Child! They didn’t want to make Mariah Carey’s Daydream a ROTM. Like there’s no chance they’d make Destiny’s Child a ROTM!

Writings On The Wall is their most popular, and most loved/best received album (Pitchfork gave it a 9.0 in their Sunday review), but Urban Outfitters did an exclusive of that album already and it hasn’t sold out and is in the sale section!!!

So yeah...no chance of Destiny’s Child happening! Sorry.

I do like the Destiny’s Child & The Supremes comparison though! And Storf said “former spouse”. Beyoncé and Jay-Z are still together!

Back