Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Their argument there is that it's technically the first US pressing of the album. But then the Classics Records reissues are definitely a US repress since they are pressed on Quiex SV-P which wasn't invented until 2002.
Ah, ok, I didn't realize it was only a CD in 1997. Nevermind the fact that the 2015 reissue that I have was widely available for normal price (cheaper than VMP) in the US.

why didn't they advertise the booklet
There's no rhyme or reason to anything that VMP does. The lack of communication after however many years they have been in business is insane to me. Storf saying in the magazine that he doesn't want to spoil the art print because it's so cool while a picture of the art print is on the header of the same page is peak VMP. It pretty perfectly sums up VMP as a company hah.

I love the BVSC album and fully agree with it being an Essential pick, but I also already have the 2015 version which, like many have pointed out, sounds great, includes the booklet, and is mastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog tapes.

In the past, I've typically replaced things already in my collection with VMP editions (The National, Phoenix, Flaming Lips), but I think I'll have to swap this time. Maybe if some comparative reviews come out in favor of VMP's version, I'll pick it up down the road.

There's no rhyme or reason to anything that VMP does. The lack of communication after however many years they have been in business is insane to me. Storf saying in the magazine that he doesn't want to spoil the art print because it's so cool while a picture of the art print is on the header of the same page is peak VMP. It pretty perfectly sums up VMP as a company hah.

Amd this is the guy who is the editor! It’s literally his job to check that there are no errors...

Some more info about the BVSC reissue which is even more confusing...Storf says that it is NOT an AAA release, so it's likely that the 2015 version is better than this new "definitive" one...

ummm, not to be snippy, but it would be a good thing for a record club to not give me BarKays and Lord Finesse in the same month.

Some more info about the BVSC reissue which is even more confusing...Storf says that it is NOT an AAA release, so it's likely that the 2015 version is better than this new "definitive" one...

Do you have reason to believe the 2015 is? I can't remember if I ever saw that.

Back