Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Finally got the chance to listen to Continuum and it sounds fantastic. I do have a couple of skips on the song Belief, but a message to CS will hopefully get another copy on my way soon.

Now I'm contemplating if I should wait for Buena Vista or pick it up somewhere else? I do like the colour VMP is offering.
I think, from what I've read at least, the VMP pressing of BVSC will be a new and hopefully improved mastering cut by the original engineer. It could be markedly better than past versions. Potentially.

I rejoined on 5th July with the 3 for 2 offer, and my Continuum is still showing as Pending with no tracking info. Should all of these have been dispatched by now?
Tough telling. You can reach out to CS if it’ll make you feel better. You will end up with the album eventually but their logistics are terrible and the CS is overwhelmed. I am still waiting on my ROTM and multiple exclusives that seem to be getting shipped to other customers so we’re in the same boat if that provides you any solace.

They should have been dispatched but of course all have not. Still waiting on word on when they will ship my Sahara.
I’m still waiting for my Tyner McCoy Sahara to be shipped as well! I’m sure they’ll definitely ship it with my August ROTM’s, but if they don’t, I’ll definitely let CS know!

Just wanted to say that the booklet that comes with the BVSC looks like it will be great, lots of photos and a decent amount of text which looks to be a track-by-track guide. Theres also a podcast associated with it as well with Ry Cooder as the guest (link here).

Honestly, if each release came with this level of worthwhile extras (they can keep their stickers and cocktail recipes) it really would be the 'best damn record club' for me.

Just wanted to say that the booklet that comes with the BVSC looks like it will be great, lots of photos and a decent amount of text which looks to be a track-by-track guide. Theres also a podcast associated with it as well with Ry Cooder as the guest (link here).

Honestly, if each release came with this level of worthwhile extras (they can keep their stickers and cocktail recipes) it really would be the 'best damn record club' for me.
I saw an amazon review advising the standard version "comes with a brilliant little 20-page booklet with full lyrics (in Spanish and English) as well as the background to each song and pictures of the recording sessions".

Just hoping the vmp version isn't a low resolution scan of the original, or a reproduction of the cd version... 😶

I rejoined on 5th July with the 3 for 2 offer, and my Continuum is still showing as Pending with no tracking info. Should all of these have been dispatched by now?

I have exactly same issue - I added two extras also @- none of my orders are even showing anymore. Emails gone ignored for a week. Reckon I might see July and August arriving together 🙄

I have this EU copy of BVSC from 2015... Buena Vista Social Club - Buena Vista Social Club

It kinda seems like the same damned thing in black. 🤔
I saw an amazon review advising the standard version "comes with a brilliant little 20-page booklet with full lyrics (in Spanish and English) as well as the background to each song and pictures of the recording sessions".

Just hoping the vmp version isn't a low resolution scan of the original, or a reproduction of the cd version... 😶
Oh damn that is cheeky, its the exact same booklet as the video. In the interview Storf talks about how they wanted it to be the definitive reissue by including the extras. Still going to be enjoyable, but talk about trying to take other peoples credit, super shady.

I have exactly same issue - I added two extras also @- none of my orders are even showing anymore. Emails gone ignored for a week. Reckon I might see July and August arriving together 🙄
I had a paid preorder disappear from my account once...had to email them for a refund. I'm sure there's a percentage of customers who wouldn't have noticed, it just seemed a bit underhand. I put this issue down to vmp's old billing system, but it seems like its happening on the new system too?

I had a paid preorder disappear from my account once...had to email them for a refund. I'm sure there's a percentage of customers who wouldn't have noticed, it just seemed a bit underhand. I put this issue down to vmp's old billing system, but it seems like its happening on the new system too?
hope this is not the case for me my 3 pre-orders are not showing up in the orders section.

"And the art print is this really amazing homage to the original album art, that I don’t really want to spoil here."

its spoiled in the header for the "why we picked this"
Same for on the record page itself lmao..
1DDD1136_1920x.jpg

Oh damn that is cheeky, its the exact same booklet as the video. In the interview Storf talks about how they wanted it to be the definitive reissue by including the extras. Still going to be enjoyable, but talk about trying to take other peoples credit, super shady.
And it's also not the first US reissue as they keep plastering every webpage with. VMP has gotten more and more misleading lately. And I believe they say Bernie remade the lacquers, not that he remastered the album.

The one in 1998 has a date.
Their argument there is that it's technically the first US pressing of the album. But then the Classics Records reissues are definitely a US repress since they are pressed on Quiex SV-P which wasn't invented until 2002.

Back