Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Does anyone know what the definitive White Blood Cells pressing is? I've looked through cogs but couldn't really figure it out from there. Is there a well thought of master and pressing of that one yet?

I believe the 2010 reissue is the last time it was remastered. Overseen by JW if I recall correctly. It sounds great. All the WS records sound great.

View attachment 41264The Stooges record revealed.
BDBD2A0F-A5A0-4446-8D74-D8379CC3639A.jpegMine is hardly visible unless
50FF0FDE-BEE3-42B7-9F43-419158B7A1F2.jpeg
On a side note: Otis sounds fantastic but it’s in a paper sleeve as opposed to the ones I’ve come to expect from Classics. My Woodstock box is nowhere to be found lol. I had two separate shipments coming from VMP according to Informed Delivery but instead of my records and the box set VMP decided to pack each record individually for the first time ever lmfao. Anti climactic to say the least!

Yeah at first the Otis sleeve was kind of cute, it was a replicated Atco catalogue sleeve from the late 60s/early 70s. But they went a bit too far in making it as authentic as possible by having it be a simple paper sleeve instead of poly-lined. Ah well, I keep a stack of MoFi's on-hand for just such an occasion.

As for Woodstock, it sounds like they're only just now getting around to packing those up and shipping those out. Wouldn't surprise me if they're a bit short-staffed at the warehouse due to COVID so it might be taking a bit longer than usual to get them shipped.

I haven't decided if I like this "Three month announcement" at once. Kind of takes away some of the mystery. I mean I like knowing ahead of time what Essentials will be, so I can plan accordingly, but in a case like this where I chose to keep all 3, I just have to wait and twiddle my thumbs. Of course I can still speculate on Classis and R&HH

its interesting how this month no one actually got anything saying it shipped

but i got all 3 yesterday and i will enjoy them soon
I have a few VMP deliveries scheduled for this month (my ROTM + I bought Jolene and was waiting on Unlocked). I only got a shipping notification for Jolene but it arrived yesterday and everything else was in the same box.

My Otis was skipping on "Amen". Emailed CS, they are sending a replacement

This is what really bothers me about this company, they haven't finished shipping out all the records of the month (they said 50-60% to a user on Reddit) and they are already sending replacement copies! If I had more faith in their inventory management I'd be ok with this but they don't and it will never not bother me!

For the record this is a legit issue that SHOULD call for a replacement but I've also in the past seen people get replacements for seam splits before people with warps or skips! (For the record I'm not against replacement copies for seam splits you are paying a premium but you can still play a record if the cover is fucked up, if it's warped, not so much) There are also plenty of examples of people that have been shit outta luck altogether because they got their records too late!

Sorry for the rant, telling the company this falls on deaf ears so yelling into the void is much more therapeutic! And yes for some strange reason I'm still a member, it's a problem I'm working on!!!

Yeah at first the Otis sleeve was kind of cute, it was a replicated Atco catalogue sleeve from the late 60s/early 70s. But they went a bit too far in making it as authentic as possible by having it be a simple paper sleeve instead of poly-lined. Ah well, I keep a stack of MoFi's on-hand for just such an occasion.

As for Woodstock, it sounds like they're only just now getting around to packing those up and shipping those out. Wouldn't surprise me if they're a bit short-staffed at the warehouse due to COVID so it might be taking a bit longer than usual to get them shipped.
I personally replace even the poly lined paper sleeves with the "mofi style" sleeves. Fuck paper bits!

This is what really bothers me about this company, they haven't finished shipping out all the records of the month (they said 50-60% to a user on Reddit) and they are already sending replacement copies! If I had more faith in their inventory management I'd be ok with this but they don't and it will never not bother me!

For the record this is a legit issue that SHOULD call for a replacement but I've also in the past seen people get replacements for seam splits before people with warps or skips! (For the record I'm not against replacement copies for seam splits you are paying a premium but you can still play a record if the cover is fucked up, if it's warped, not so much) There are also plenty of examples of people that have been shit outta luck altogether because they got their records too late!

Sorry for the rant, telling the company this falls on deaf ears so yelling into the void is much more therapeutic! And yes for some strange reason I'm still a member, it's a problem I'm working on!!!

This is exactly what I’m afraid of. I wouldnt be concerned about the late shipping if it wasnt for VMPs poor QC and the fact most of my packages are showing up late and damaged. I likely wont have my otis until early next month and if anything is wrong Im SOL

Just signed up to this with the Phrenology release as it looks incredible (aso from those shared in What's Spinning). Seems like a nice way to start helping to flesh out a collection if I can run the guantlet of the issues spoken about above. If not, only went for the 3.

Was a tough choice between that and Blackalicious w/ the Hip-hop track but the presentation clinched it. Loved the look of the Rick Ross record itself but Teflon Don doesn't hold a candle to the others. Pretty sure I sacrificed the free month but I enquired anyway as the header when on the Phrenology page was "We won't stop spinning. Join the Essentials or Rap & Hip-Hop Tracks in April, get your first month free" and I joined the Essentials track and it's April. Either way, happy to be looking forward to that edition of Phrenology and the coming months ahead.

Had a little peek in the store too and saw Nūr by Dua Saleh there in a limited 500 set. Found them originally when looking at non-binary artists on Twitter and loved Sugar Mama so complete bizarro moment to have them randomly pop up now. Not unexpectedly it's been open for awhile now but I'll still be happy to have something nice of theirs out the blue.

Has there been any official announcement about COVID related delays? I’ve been BOTS before, but this is about as late as I remember (still nothing on the old informeddelivery).
Unlike every other online store that has up dated customers on shipping delays etc, VMP has not announced anything. When you email them they say everything should be out at the end of next week.

Reactions: mgp
Unlike every other online store that has up dated customers on shipping delays etc, VMP has not announced anything. When you email them they say everything should be out at the end of next week.

I'm so glad they didn't. I don't need yet another email telling me how well so and so takes care of their employees.

Has there been any official announcement about COVID related delays? I’ve been BOTS before, but this is about as late as I remember (still nothing on the old informeddelivery).
My box (along with my Magnolia shipment) has been stuck at a distribution site get in Chicago for over a week. Your mileage may vary but the mail is a disaster right now.

Back