Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Thanks for the replies! My wife re-upped for 3 months because she had a credit to use and last time she checked there was going to be at least a 10 day delay. At this point I figured they’d throw this month’s album in with next month.

Reactions: mgp
FWIW I swapped Stooges for the Woodstock box. Then I signed up a week after swaps closed with a new acct for the 3 for 2 deal to get the Stooges and other 2 Essentials. The Stooges came a week ago already still waiting on my 3 from my main. Coincidence or new members taking priority?

Last edited:
FWIW I swapped Stooges for the Woodstock box. Then I signed up a week after swaps closed with a new acct for the 3 for 2 deal to get the Stooges and other 2 Essentials. The Stooges came a week ago already still waiting on my 3 from my main. Coincidence or new members taking priority?

I’ve come to accept there’s no rhyme or reason on the order shipments are made. I’ve been a member for about two years but got my box (Otis and Jorge Ben) two weeks ago.

I’ve come to accept there’s no rhyme or reason on the order shipments are made. I’ve been a member for about two years but got my box (Otis and Jorge Ben) two weeks ago.
Thats pretty much I have come to expect from VMP, no rhyme or reason for pretty much anything cuz they are a "small business"

I swapped RHH for woodstock and then signed up for a second one month sub with another email to grab Ross. That record still hasnt been sent out so definitely not prioritizing new subs. They really have no idea what theyre doing...

I swapped RHH for woodstock and then signed up for a second one month sub with another email to grab Ross. That record still hasnt been sent out so definitely not prioritizing new subs. They really have no idea what theyre doing...
I still got nothin on informed delivery for Otis, so clearly they lied about everything being out by the end of the week, unless they decided not to use USPS.

Friendly reminder we're in the midst of an unprecedented global pandemic that is disrupting workflows, warehouses, and shipping services, among other things.
Pffft, I just injected myself with Drain-O and I am ready to go-O!
ANyOnE wHO sAyS OtHrwIZe iZ SheEpLe

But seriously 42% of your population needs to be put into a cannon and fired into the sun.

Last edited:
Friendly reminder we're in the midst of an unprecedented global pandemic that is disrupting workflows, warehouses, and shipping services, among other things.
To be fair, the actual (aka non outsourced) VMP team pretty much only does computer work. They could have massively improved communications around delays... as usual. They have had no problem sending my 3 marketing emails since I sent in a customer service request. And non of those clearly mentioned any delays in the actual service I pay for. All just pushing me to spend more money for records that I might get some day.

Communication has and likely always will be one of VMP's biggest downfalls.

Let’s not pretend this is a new issue for VMP. Their processes, communication, and customer service are already atrocious and the current pandemic is just making it worse because they have done absolutely nothing to fix it.
The fact they are announcing May titles before they have even shipped all of April is unacceptable

There's definitely no rhyme or reason. It will come when it comes, unfortunately enough.

Very true, but what I think people are a bit peeved about is the lack of communication coming from VMP (though as mentioned, totally par for the course pre-COVID), not the slow shipping.

I am still waiting to for my lysol and syringes to show up from Amazon so I can beat the 'Rona.

Edit: sorry @NewsFedora this was definitely not meant as a jab at you, but just stating that, pandemic or not, this is business as usual for VMP.

Last edited:
Spinning the Stooges for the 2nd time. First time I listened to it on headphones (I usually do this on first listens to hear for defects) and I found the Cale mix a bit shrill but not as bad as the deluxe edition cd. But I did have a bit of ear fatigue by the end of it.

I am now listening through speakers and I am liking it. I still find it a bit on the shrill side and prefer the original mix, but I actually think I will spin this every so often, not so much of a novelty as I was expecting.

Pffft, I just injected myself with Drain-O and I am ready to go-O!
ANyOnE wHO sAyS OtHrwIZe iZ SheEpLe

But seriously 42% of your population needs to be put into a cannon and fired into the sun.
Thank God we have you guys to decide which 42% for us.

Back