Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Decided to swap out of this one. I was able to sneak in and grab Blackalicious while it was available. I don't have a problem with new releases in the Essentials track (although I really don't like the name 'Essentials' when we're talking about a new release, but that's a whole other argument). Since my time with VMP, I've gotten 4 new releases from this track-Moses, St. Vincent, Mitski and SK. I've really felt like the first 3 of those 4 were really good picks and am glad to have them. SK, not bad, but not nearly as good as the others. I think I'll wait and see with Caroline Rose, good chance it'll be available later if I decide to come back swap for it later.

Decided to swap out of this one. I was able to sneak in and grab Blackalicious while it was available. I don't have a problem with new releases in the Essentials track (although I really don't like the name 'Essentials' when we're talking about a new release, but that's a whole other argument). Since my time with VMP, I've gotten 4 new releases from this track-Moses, St. Vincent, Mitski and SK. I've really felt like the first 3 of those 4 were really good picks and am glad to have them. SK, not bad, but not nearly as good as the others. I think I'll wait and see with Caroline Rose, good chance it'll be available later if I decide to come back swap for it later.
It will be available on discogs in 3 months for like $12. If you decide you want it after spending time with it, you will be able to pick up a copy.

sure but i could barely understand what was happening in the music because of it

it felt like it was like 96kbps
You're being generous. I am going to assume that a number such as this one is going to have to go through POTS at some point in the journey which puts the upper bound of the bitrate at <48k and likely closer to 30k. It really is a boomer approach considering the ubiquity of streaming platforms and services these days.

You're being generous. I am going to assume that a number such as this one is going to have to go through POTS at some point in the journey which puts the upper bound of the bitrate at <48k and likely closer to 30k. It really is a boomer approach considering the ubiquity of streaming platforms and services these days.
The Social media and binging jokes felt like "how do you do fellow kids"

Meanwhile us filthy zoomers love the internet and take our memes more obtuse

I was considering swapping, as I do not really know Caroline Rose's music.
However, I also thought the same thing when Mitski was ROTM, and I ended up listening to that a LOT and buying her back catalog.

This is going to have to be one of my "benefit of the doubt" moments.
It will likely be sticking around for a little bit and that’s not even taking into consideration the discogs reseller, likely at a discount, If you want you could spend some time with it and if you end up enjoying it, picking it up down the road.

The Social media and binging jokes felt like "how do you do fellow kids"

Meanwhile us filthy zoomers love the internet and take our memes more obtuse

Listen up you zoomer ingrates. We millennials were making crappy memes back when we had to use dial-up on AOL Online. DIAL UP. IF our memes suck, its only because we had to crawl so that you could walk!

Listen up you zoomer ingrates. We millennials were making crappy memes back when we had to use dial-up on AOL Online. DIAL UP. IF our memes suck, its only because we had to crawl so that you could walk!
Also meme culture was SO SLOW. The same meme would be relevant for like six months. Now unless it's some SpongeBob meme that shit is over in a week.

Also meme culture was SO SLOW. The same meme would be relevant for like six months. Now unless it's some SpongeBob meme that shit is over in a week.
I still respect millennial memes don't worry

I'm an older zoomer.. nihilistic but was basically called a millennial until I was 19

Back