Vinyl Me Please Essentials

If nothing else Bryan has to be one of the greatest soundtrack artists of all time. Right up there with Sir Kenny Loggins himself
“Everything I do (I do It For You)”
“Have You Every Really Love A Woman”
that song he did with Sting and Rod Stewart for the Three Musketeers movie

...also my life.

All For Love. There was a period a few years ago that I would sing this every night I was drunk.

You may have kickstarted a new era of this. Some tune.

If nothing else Bryan has to be one of the greatest soundtrack artists of all time. Right up there with Sir Kenny Loggins himself
“Everything I do (I do It For You)”
“Have You Every Really Love A Woman”
that song he did with Sting and Rod Stewart for the Three Musketeers movie

...also my life.

Have you ever really loved a woman was the soundtrack to a third film, Don Juan DeMarco. I might have owned all 3 of those on CD single...

Everything I Do was number one for about 17 years in the UK on the back of the Robin Hood film, I grew up in Nottinghamshire and was 9 so I was clearly obsessed by it...

I love that Phoenix record 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think it was, more than anything else, the disappointment that as the first indie record in a while that they went for that, storfs shitty clues, the fact I was the thread runner and the forum annihilation half way through that month. I probably don’t hate it as much as I make out, that’s just my thing now...

I think it was, more than anything else, the disappointment that as the first indie record in a while that they went for that, storfs shitty clues, the fact I was the thread runner and the forum annihilation half way through that month. I probably don’t hate it as much as I make out, that’s just my thing now...
giphy.gif

:)

Currently spinning Phrenology, first impressions:

Holy shit this sounds incredible. Man it would be nice if all the RHH tracks got remasters like this. It sounds phenomenal so far. Nice material on the jacket, gold embossing looks sick. Gatefold would have been nice but I know the original was single pocket so I get it. One side in and so far I don't think I could have asked for more on this one...

Last edited:
Well this is interesting, as I believe @folsom_lives mentioned yesterday, side 2 sounds... pretty bad. Very sibilant and tinny. Strange. Total 180 from Side One. I'll have to check it against the digital version but yeah side two doesn't sound very good.

EDIT: Well after listening to the digital, this is pretty much what those three tracks sound like, in fact the digital version of "Break You Off" is painful, so this remaster is actually much better. So while side two is sibilant, that's pretty much just what those tracks are so, nothing to really worry about there. Would have been nice to get rid of it but I'm pretty sure the Roots masters were some of the ones burnt up in that warehouse fire several years ago so they probably had to work off digital masters.

On to side 3.

Last edited:
Well this is interesting, as I believe @folsom_lives mentioned yesterday, side 2 sounds... pretty bad. Very sibilant and tinny. Strange. Total 180 from Side One. I'll have to check it against the digital version but yeah side two doesn't sound very good.

EDIT: Well after listening to the digital, this is pretty much what those three tracks sound like, in fact the digital version of "Break You Off" is painful, so this remaster is actually much better. So while side two is sibilant, that's pretty much just what those tracks are so, nothing to really worry about there. Would have been nice to get rid of it but I'm pretty sure the Roots masters were some of the ones burnt up in that warehouse fire several years ago so they probably had to work off digital masters.

On to side 3.
I think you might have the discs reversed but yeah Break You Off was where I started having issues.

Currently spinning Phrenology, first impressions:

Holy shit this sounds incredible. Man it would be nice if all the RHH tracks got remasters like this. It sounds phenomenal so far. Nice material on the jacket, gold embossing looks sick. Gatefold would have been nice but I know the original was single pocket so I get it. One side in and do far I don't think I could have asked for more on this one...
Ladies and gentlemen. @Mather got a clean flat press from VMP! Hell hath officially frozen over. Carry on.

Back