Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Took a listen to The Roots this morning. I dig it, but need to hold off this month for budgetary reasons. Will be looking to pick it up on Discogs at some point I'm sure.
As a heads up, the only other pressing is the first 2002 pressing. It took me ages to find an affordable copy in decent condition. Unless this is going to have a wider release you might want to go for it now to save a bit of cash, I imagine this is going to be one with a high resale value.

As a heads up, the only other pressing is the first 2002 pressing. It took me ages to find an affordable copy in decent condition. Unless this is going to have a wider release you might want to go for it now to save a bit of cash, I imagine this is going to be one with a high resale value.

If my wife gets angry at me, I'm blaming you! 🤣

If you cancel and it asks why, if you choose Need To Save Some Money, the thing that pops up tells you that you can do month to month.

I just added a month to month for Classics on top of my Essentials. I had added / dropped this same month to month in September. Is Reddit saying that, if I cancel it this time, I will no longer have the month to month option to add on? I don't plan on fully cancelling, since I'm on the $75 / 3 month plan.

I just added a month to month for Classics on top of my Essentials. I had added / dropped this same month to month in September. Is Reddit saying that, if I cancel it this time, I will no longer have the month to month option to add on? I don't plan on fully cancelling, since I'm on the $75 / 3 month plan.

No you're on the 3 month plan. They offer that and 6 and 12 months. They used to offer once month plans, but no longer.

if you are only referring to add-ons being month-to-month- yes, those you can still dip in and out of whenever. it's your baseline sub that cannot.

If you cancel and it asks why, if you choose Need To Save Some Money, the thing that pops up tells you that you can do month to month.
But will it let you choose month-to-monthsomewhere or are these just the usual vmp inconsitencies

Package looks nice, but not my favorite Roots album. Going to take one look at the swaptions and likely cancel.

If I'm on the one-month plan now, and decide to go back after cancelling I should be grandfathered in, and able to sign back up for 1 month slots right?
No Pauly told me if you quit the one month plan you won’t be able to get it again. Even if you get a 3,6 or 12 month plan you won’t be able to downgrade back to the 1

Packaging of this looks really nice. If I was a subscriber still I would definitely be moving to this from my RHH main for the month. Unfortunately, need to cut costs so I'm still out but this is a tough one to pass up.

No Pauly told me if you quit the one month plan you won’t be able to get it again. Even if you get a 3,6 or 12 month plan you won’t be able to downgrade back to the 1
Can confirm. I quit my longtime one month plan last year and sold my soul this month to get back in. Only 3, 6, or 12 month subs. I’m sure you could ask CS for help if you really wanted one month though.

Can confirm. I quit my longtime one month plan last year and sold my soul this month to get back in. Only 3, 6, or 12 month subs. I’m sure you could ask CS for help if you really wanted one month though.
I actually emailed them yesterday because my sub expires at the end of January to see if they'd exptend one of their valuable long time members a single month. Will report if/when I hear back.

Just gonna drop this list of N&G curated AOTMs here in case anyone is unaware of our curation. :)

Mark de Clive Lowe - Heritage 1 - jazz
Lou Reed - The Blue Mask - rock
Khemmis - Hunted - metal 🤘
Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee - singer/songwriter
Camaron de la Isla - La Leyenda del Tiempo - flamenco
Ruen Brothers - All my Shades of Blue - rock
The Gloaming - 3 - Irish
Clarence Clarity - No Now - crazy pop
Ibeyi - Ash - alt r&b

Just gonna drop this list of N&G curated AOTMs here in case anyone is unaware of our curation. :)

Mark de Clive Lowe - Heritage 1
Lou Reed - The Blue Mask
Khemmis - Hunted
Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee
Camaron de la Isla - La Leyenda del Tiempo
Ruen Brothers - All my Shades of Blue
The Gloaming - 3
Clarence Clarity - No Now
Ibeyi - Ash

You should also list the genres of each record to illustrate the variety here!

Mark de Clive Lowe - Heritage 1 - jazz
Lou Reed - The Blue Mask - rock
Khemmis - Hunted - metal 🤘
Nicole Atkins - Goodnight, Rhonda Lee - singer/songwriter
Camaron de la Isla - La Leyenda del Tiempo - flamenco
Ruen Brothers - All my Shades of Blue - rock
The Gloaming - 3 - Irish
Clarence Clarity - No Now - crazy pop
Ibeyi - Ash - alt r&b
“Crazy pop”

I’m dead 🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂
I mean...
giphy (6).gif

I actually emailed them yesterday because my sub expires at the end of January to see if they'd exptend one of their valuable long time members a single month. Will report if/when I hear back.
Ooh - please do. I was actually wondering when my subscription technically ends. It says that my next payment (annual sub) is due March 1 - does that mean if I cancel before that payment that my last record will be Phrenology? I have to admit that I really am digging the new Caroline Rose song and could handle having it for the regular $23 subscription price...but I won't be heartbroken if the Roots is my final VMP record.

Back