Vinyl Me Please Essentials

It showed up for me as the only track I could join back with, so I went ahead and did it. But, if I go to the membership page, no swaps or anything but the Jan. ROTMs show up. Hope they don't ship me a Bitte Orca and expect me to pay for it.

It showed up for me as the only track I could join back with, so I went ahead and did it. But, if I go to the membership page, no swaps or anything but the Jan. ROTMs show up. Hope they don't ship me a Bitte Orca and expect me to pay for it.
In the past, I used to sub for the 1 month the day before the announcement and they never mailed me the previous month's albums. Who knows now though but I think you should be fine!

In the past, I used to sub for the 1 month the day before the announcement and they never mailed me the previous month's albums. Who knows now though but I think you should be fine!
Just hope I can add Aretha too!

Edit: Update - It let me add the "unknown" Classics for Feb. 🤞

Last edited:
Package looks nice, but not my favorite Roots album. Going to take one look at the swaptions and likely cancel.

If I'm on the one-month plan now, and decide to go back after cancelling I should be grandfathered in, and able to sign back up for 1 month slots right?
who REALLY knows at this point. Personally, I was on the one month, then cancelled prior to the new website going up, and rejoined maybe a month before the migration. I'm still on a one month now. I believe you were on a 1 month sub prior to them getting rid of it, you can cancel once and rejoin on a one month but if you cancel again, you will no longer be grandfathered in.

Package looks nice, but not my favorite Roots album. Going to take one look at the swaptions and likely cancel.

If I'm on the one-month plan now, and decide to go back after cancelling I should be grandfathered in, and able to sign back up for 1 month slots right?
No, you can't get back in at 1 month anymore unless they changed back and I missed it.

You aren't interested in a Mono Aretha Now?

No, you can't get back in at 1 month anymore unless they changed back and I missed it.

You aren't interested in a Mono Aretha Now?
They have said in the past you are allowed to cancel once and then resubscribe. After that if you cancel, you can't get it back.

They have said in the past you are allowed to cancel once and then resubscribe. After that if you cancel, you can't get it back.
I thought everybody on Reddit said once the migration happened there was no way to get 1-month back again.

I thought everybody on Reddit said once the migration happened there was no way to get 1-month back again.
Not positive...but I'm on a 1 month now on the new site so it does exist...might be worth emailing CS about at some point soon if you're worried about not getting it back if you cancel.

The swaps will open up at 5PM MT, so you will likely be able to move over to that then. It keeps going between being sold out and available the past week or so.

Do you think it's worth emailing CS now and seeing if they will move me? To be honest if I can't get over to Classics I'm going to cancel. I ditched classics a while ago and I've been dealing with the "sold out" bullshit since, and getting tired of their antics anyhow, so I didn't feel like fighting to get back in.

Not positive...but I'm on a 1 month now on the new site so it does exist...might be worth emailing CS about at some point soon if you're worried about not getting it back if you cancel.
I'm not on 1 month but I would definitely check with CS first before I was done. Seems like quite a few people on Reddit claim once you cancel now you can't go back.

Do you think it's worth emailing CS now and seeing if they will move me? To be honest if I can't get over to Classics I'm going to cancel. I ditched classics a while ago and I've been dealing with the "sold out" bullshit since, and getting tired of their antics anyhow, so I didn't feel like fighting to get back in.
Could always try to message them! I have a strong feeling that spots will open up come 5PM MT. And if not, you will have until Feb 1 to cancel without getting charged.

Could always try to message them! I have a strong feeling that spots will open up come 5PM MT. And if not, you will have until Feb 1 to cancel without getting charged.

Yeah, I'll try that. I would like that record but I have a strong feeling it will be another fiasco where they're shocked people want it, like OutKast. "Would you believe people like Aretha more than El-P solo or Phrenology???"

If you cancel and it asks why, if you choose Need To Save Some Money, the thing that pops up tells you that you can do month to month.

Good to know! I just did that with Adobe Creative Cloud around Black Friday and they offered me something like $30/month off haha.

Damn I could use that CC discount, they finally figured out I graduated and it went up 100%...

The tracks are indeed swappable now so thanks for the tip. Going to have to email CS back and say to ignore my prior email lol.

Last edited:
Back