Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Upon googling it, this doesn't seem to be true. Do you have evidence to base that on? I mean as long as the warp isn't launching the the needle up off the record surface it should be fine.
It can irregularly wear your stylus as it rubs against the inside and base of the groove wall due to the azimuth and VTF being thrown off by the warp. It can cause inner groove distortion as the stylus runs against the inside of the groove wall, it will also irregularly wear that warped section of your vinyl as the increased pressure caused by the raising and lowering of the vinyl will over time wear down the grooves in those warped sections and it will begin to sound worse and worse. Depending on the size of the warp, the type of stylus you're using, the quality of your cart etc you may hear the distortion right off the bat, or you might not. But the main thing is, records are designed to be played flat, not doing so will over time will detrimentally effect both the stylus and the record.

Last edited:
Upon googling it, this doesn't seem to be true. Do you have evidence to base that on? I mean as long as the warp isn't launching the the needle up off the record surface it should be fine.
Upon googling... I found some internet things that supported my belief and chose to ignore the things that didn’t. Show me your evidence, Jack!

Last edited:
Upon googling... I found some internet things that supported my belief and chose to ignore the thing that didn’t. Show my your evidence, Jack!
I'm not the one claiming it damaged anything. @Mather did a pretty good job of showing why it may damage the stylus. I for sure figured it would prematurely wear the record but didn't think about an uneven force on the stylus possibly wearing that prematurely as well.

I'm not the one claiming it damaged anything. @Mather did a pretty good job of showing why it may damage the stylus. I for sure figured it would prematurely wear the record but didn't think about an uneven force on the stylus possibly wearing that prematurely as well.
Correct. @Mather knows his shit.

YOU WILL RESPECT THE DF-2 OR PERISH IN THE SLIGHTLY WARM EMBRACE OF IT'S VERY EXPENSIVE CERAMIC FLATTENING SURFACES
Hey Mather, I got a movie idea and you could play the lead. We can remake the Phantom of the Paradise. But instead of the lead character falling face first into a record press, they'll fall into a vinyl flat and haunt all the places that ship warped records as the........

"Phantom of the Warp"

YOU WILL RESPECT THE DF-2 OR PERISH IN THE SLIGHTLY WARM EMBRACE OF IT'S VERY EXPENSIVE CERAMIC FLATTENING SURFACES
can't hear you over the
giphy.gif

yes, a couple weeks ago. It's The Roots Phrenology
Trying to decide if I should get this. I'm not really into hip hop, but I have Raising Hell and Three Feet High (bc I'm old) and those are pretty much the only albums I can play that my kids won't complain about bc they like hip hop. I do like what little I've heard from the Roots, so I'm curious to give this a chance, but is it even appropriate to play around kids under 10?

Trying to decide if I should get this. I'm not really into hip hop, but I have Raising Hell and Three Feet High (bc I'm old) and those are pretty much the only albums I can play that my kids won't complain about bc they like hip hop. I do like what little I've heard from the Roots, so I'm curious to give this a chance, but is it even appropriate to play around kids under 10?
Depends on your limits. It is definitely concious hip hop but although pretty tame for 00s hip hop, there are curse words. Give it a stream.

Certainly not worse than (or as bad as) De La Orgee in my opinion.

The only thing I can think of is that they do use the N word a few times (not in an aggressive way). It might be that your kids dont pick up on it, as Black Thought (the lead rapper) is pretty speedy. Im sure they would love the music, its really upbeat and catchy.

Back