Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Mather

Did anyone else have noisy copies of The Soft Bulletin? I know I'm a few months late to the party, but both discs of mine were noisy. Really getting tired of doing the whole replacement game.
Yup. I'm on copy 3 and side 3 is noisy on all of them. Mainly second and third song. Most recent one only has a few pops on them so I'll probably just deal with it because I'm tired of assuming for replacements. But yes, it was definitely a problematic pressing, like everything that comes out of GZ.

MikeH

Did anyone else have noisy copies of The Soft Bulletin? I know I'm a few months late to the party, but both discs of mine were noisy. Really getting tired of doing the whole replacement game.
Mine was alright! Did you clean yours? I've had a habit of cleaning new records lately because so many of them arrive dirty...

zombie.modernist

Yup. I'm on copy 3 and side 3 is noisy on all of them. Mainly second and third song. Most recent one only has a few pops on them so I'll probably just deal with it because I'm tired of assuming for replacements. But yes, it was definitely a problematic pressing, like everything that comes out of GZ.
Argh. I've had such good luck with the Aretha one that I didn't even bother doing the research. My side 2 and 3 are both noisy, especially 3 on the side you refer to (audible non-fill BS for me). At least they do replacements easily, but still a headache.

Mather

Argh. I've had such good luck with the Aretha one that I didn't even bother doing the research. My side 2 and 3 are both noisy, especially 3 on the side you refer to (audible non-fill BS for me). At least they do replacements easily, but still a headache.
Yeah I'd imagine they have a lot of copies of this one so just keep going till you get a good one. I might still get another, my most recent replacement is the best of the bunch so far... but still not really acceptable.

zombie.modernist

Wow, I actually got a good one of those right off the bat. I think. Now I'm scared. I went thru 7 TVOTR and never got a totally clean one however...
Guess it's all luck then! My TVOTR had just a trace of noise, only by the most anal standards for a few seconds so I never bothered seeking a new one out. My final OutKast was a frankenstein between three copies for cover and LPs, if they did a return and replace model I still would be without a good copy....

zombie.modernist

Man, just got another copy of Lord Willin’ in today (gifted my last coy to a member here, forgot who), and damn, I forgot how great this pressing sounded and how excellent the album is. Pleased to have it in my collection again.
I just wish they would have done Hell Hath No Fury as well as I avoid Get on Down releases!

NathanRicaud

Why? A decent pressing already exists.. why not an album that hasn't been pressed yet?
Because I want VMP to make it special! VMP made N*E*R*D’s Fly or Die 45RPM and it sounds amazing apparently! I’m sure they would make Clipse’s Hell Hath No Fury sound much better than the Get On Down/current pressing!

Hell Hath No Fury is definitely an album I would love to see get the VMP treatment!!!