Vinyl Me Please Essentials

I think a vote is counter productive. I think we have staff whose job it is to decide the forums direction and make these decisions. I’ll just throw in my opinion whether I’m asked for it or not haha!

And the staff decided to let people vote on it as this is a community forum and not a dictatorship.

It's a tired conversation.

I disagree, I think it becomes increasingly pertinent as we begin to become our own thing and no longer are VMP refugees. Also this whole conversation starting again was because they sent out a survey with a question asking people if they would resub if the forum was reopened. I hope they do but not because I want to join anymore.

And the staff decided to let people vote on it as this is a community forum and not a dictatorship.

giphy.gif

they did but I don’t think that they necessarily need to keep doing that every time a decision is to be made, my point is more that going forward such votes are counterproductive and sew discord.

Stop being mean towards Joe. I’m calling you out because I really like Joe and I hate this attitude you’re giving him. He’s such an asset and I think his honest opinions on these VMP forums are great!

It’s ok @NathanRicaud I post my opinions honestly and I’m happier to take flack for doing that than towing a line. He’s quite entitled to give me attitude if he wants.

Last edited:
they did but I don’t think that they necessarily need to keep doing that every time a decision is to be made, my point is more that going forward such votes are counterproductive and sew discord.

Why are they counterproductive and sew discord if a majority are fine with keeping the 5 threads? Because it doesn't go the other group's way?

Why are they counterproductive and sew discord if a majority are fine with keeping the 5 threads? Because it doesn't go the other group's way?

no in general. This is but one issue. Staff run the forum and set the direction. This has been fought and lost, I strongly disagree and that disagreement increases as we, as a community, become far more interesting than, and different from, VMP. I don’t have the right to change that but I certainly have the right to say what I think and why I think it. This came up again because of VMP asking the forum question in their survey to members who have cancelled.

I disagree, I think it becomes increasingly pertinent as we begin to become our own thing and no longer are VMP refugees. Also this whole conversation starting again was because they sent out a survey with a question asking people if they would resub if the forum was reopened. I hope they do but not because I want to join anymore.
Did they do that - haha
Anyway i don’t care much but i understand why people resent us giving them Free coverage. They did dump us with 2 days notice. I’d vote one thread. I only occasionally look at this one and the anthology one (even more rarely) anyhow.

Partly. I think you do cross over but if I’m honest I don’t think you’d be here if there was no VMP talk.
Yeah, it’s true. I’m mainly here just for the VMP forums! Like I really only ever go on here for the VMP forums to be honest! 😅

I do also like the Pre-Order thread (thanks again @wynn72 for making sure I purchased Britney Spears Blackout), the What’s Spinning thread and the Albums of The Year thread (love your work @Woob_woob) too! Also, I like the PopTarts Unite thread and more recently have been really enjoying the Needles&Grooves AOTM’s thread! It’s always so much fun in that thread! 😚

But it’s true that if the VMP threads never existed, I wouldn’t come here 🙈🤐

It’s on @NathanRicaud I post my opinions honestly and I’m happier to take flack for doing that than towing a line. He’s quite entitled to give me attitude if he wants.
Mmmmmm I feel you. I feel like some people are tired of me/can’t stand me on here, but I’m just being me! And they can feel that way towards me and say something, but I’m not changing!

I still think a VMP subforum would be the best compromise. Easy for non-VMPers to ignore, while allowing for VMPers to post to their heart’s content and make new threads for things like stock checks, etc. I’d also be fine if any other record clubs had similar popularity, to give them their own subforum as well.

Mmmmmm I feel you. I feel like some people are tired of me/can’t stand me on here, but I’m just being me! And they can feel that way towards me and say something, but I’m not changing!
I don't get why there is anything wrong with coming here for the VMP threads. VMP for better or worse are what brought this community together. I've been called a shill multiple times for being positive about VMP on these threads, which seems crazy to me considering what these threads are supposed to be.

Either way, I am glad you are here Nathan, I lurked mostly in the old forum but always enjoyed your incredibly enthusiastic posts.

Do they offer you a free record each time you cancel?

I was a member from Nils Frahm (Dec 2015) to Sleater-Kinney (Aug 2019)- I got one free record just after I joined (Torres - Sprinter). I know a lot of people got free records just before the mass exodus, but I didn't receive any. Oh...I did get one - a Rob - Rob. I thought it was more of a shipping mistake than a free record to get me to join back up, tho.

hmmm....I did not get any survey.

I don't get why there is anything wrong with coming here for the VMP threads. VMP for better or worse are what brought this community together. I've been called a shill multiple times for being positive about VMP on these threads, which seems crazy to me considering what these threads are supposed to be.

Either way, I am glad you are here Nathan, I lurked mostly in the old forum but always enjoyed your incredibly enthusiastic posts.
Thanks RobbieBobby 😘

Yeah! I love VMP so much! I think they are an awesome company and I think they are still are very generous in terms of their replacement/refund policy!

I’m not as enthusiastic as I used to be but I’m still the same. When I got temporarily banned, I was about to travel overseas and I thought to myself “I won’t post on the VMP forum for awhile to make sure I look like I’m taking the ban seriously. And as I’m overseas, why not stay away from the internet”. But it was just really bad timing. Before I knew it, a few months after not being active on the VMP forum, VMP announced they were closing down the forum.

And it sucked because...........I was looking forward to coming back into the forum and being super fun and reviewing new albums etc

And I am here mostly for VMP...........but so much people dislike VMP and find it overpriced and could not forgive them for taking down the forum etc

Like everything changed. Even people I used to always be cheeky towards and fun - they dislike VMP now. It just killed my enthusiasm. So I’m not the same. But I’m still the same person if you know what I mean!

I was a member from Nils Frahm (Dec 2015) to Sleater-Kinney (Aug 2019)- I got one free record just after I joined (Torres - Sprinter). I know a lot of people got free records just before the mass exodus, but I didn't receive any. Oh...I did get one - a Rob - Rob. I thought it was more of a shipping mistake than a free record to get me to join back up, tho.

hmmm....I did not get any survey.

I don’t know how lately you’ve had to have cancelled. As I came back for QOTSA I obviously didn’t but it was @Murfocakes I think that was posting about it yesterday!

@NathanRicaud don't ever change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.

Back