Vinyl Me Please Essentials

Yeah, that's fair. I'm not mad at him so much as I'm mad at the core concept of totally blowing up an existing community then just moving to another one that is (no offence to Reddit) way more open to assholish behaviour. Meh. I'm just bitter.
Have you been watching Storfs slow descent into madness on Reddit? He's getting more and more agitated by the assholes there. What's the over/under on him giving up on posting to VMP Reddit altogether. I say 5 weeks?

Have you been watching Storfs slow descent into madness on Reddit? He's getting more and more agitated by the assholes there. What's the over/under on him giving up on posting to VMP Reddit altogether. I say 5 weeks?
My advice to the folks at VMP............stop thinking only NON members are the issue. I still can't wait to see when, and more so, IF they open a "members only" forum thinking that's going to help. But I digress............moving on, lol

My advice to the folks at VMP............stop thinking only NON members are the issue. I still can't wait to see when, and more so, IF they open a "members only" forum thinking that's going to help. But I digress............moving on, lol

I wish that they’d learn two things. That people don’t just complain to moan, they often complain to help make things better and that weird or different often doesn’t equal good.

If anything causal fans care even less about the litany of excuses from VMP, like those about licensing fees. Seriously nobody outside of obsessive like us cares about the minutiae of the business, just the end product which for a lot of exclusives is lacking.

Sounds petty, but I feel slightly vindicated when casual fans on reddit get pissed when they realize the results of the cost cutting too. Hopefully they will start to realize it’s not just an “anal audiophile thing” instead of just lumping us all in as “haters.”

I wish that they’d learn two things. That people don’t just complain to moan, they often complain to help make things better and that weird or different often doesn’t equal good.
I agree with you that's how it was in the old forum. On the old forum people would respectfully disagree with decisions VMP made. On reddit they just call Storf a fuckface and tell him he sucks at his job.

I mean I actually believe this myself but fair play to him for being the only one who actually fronts up, even if he’s not always temperamentally the right person for the job.

Is his job to be a CS rep though? I feel bad for the dude, he's a creative (editor and A&R) and is forced to do a large amount of menial work outside of his comfort zone. That's the kind of disorganization that would only happen at an American startup owned by bros. Oh wait....

I agree with you that's how it was in the old forum. On the old forum people would respectfully disagree with decisions VMP made. On reddit they just call Storf a fuckface and tell him he sucks at his job.

Yes and this is 100% the bed they chose to lie in, and Storf thought he could reign over that tempremental beast known as reddit and now its turning on him. Ive seen this happen with other subs- they are either a huge VMP screwup or Storf meltdown away from peak toxic. Storf is already starting to snipe at members

Is his job to be a CS rep though? I feel bad for the dude, he's a creative (editor and A&R) and is forced to do a large amount of menial work outside of his comfort zone. That's the kind of disorganization that would only happen at an American startup owned by bros. Oh wait....

No I mean I don’t think he’s a very good writer/editor and he shouldn’t have sole run at classics because he has a very detailed knowledge of niches without a big enough overriding knowledge of the genres. The reliance on now again, which just aren’t classics, and lack of Blues shows this up. He does pick very good Stax records though!

Yes and this is 100% the bed they chose to lie in, and Storf thought he could reign over that tempremental beast known as reddit and now its turning on him. Ive seen this happen with other subs- they are either a huge VMP screwup or Storf meltdown away from peak toxic. Storf is already starting to snipe at members
Though to be fair, he has always sniped at members.

That’s just storf though? He always did like
to leave his foot in with a riposte

No I mean I don’t think he’s a very good writer/editor and he shouldn’t have sole run at classics because he has a very detailed knowledge of niches without a big enough overriding knowledge of the genres. The reliance on now again, which just aren’t classics, and lack of Blues shows this up. He does pick very good Stax records though!

Eh, I've liked his picks, and enjoy his writing, and he doesn't bother me personally, so may just be a differing opinion. The name "classics" is what's stupid IMO. they should just call it Jazz/Soul/RNB, but that wouldn't sound as good.

Last edited:

Screenshot_20190925-151044.png

:rolleyes:

He shouldn't act like a CS rep if he is not a CS rep. I don't dislike Storf at all but will say its his fault for not walking away.

Last edited:
Back