Vinyl Me Please Essentials

i would never turn down a time to shit on vmp, if valid, but to throw my hat into the ring, i am pretty fond of flaming lips, have seen them multiple times, once on many hits of lsd, and own at least 3 other flaming lips record. However, I dont own The Soft Bulletin. Its in my want list but I never pulled the trigger. So, I, for one, actually welcome this release as it fills a genuine need for my collection.

i would never turn down a time to shit on vmp, if valid, but to throw my hat into the ring, i am pretty fond of flaming lips, have seen them multiple times, once on many hits of lsd, and own at least 3 other flaming lips record. However, I dont own The Soft Bulletin. Its in my want list but I never pulled the trigger. So, I, for one, actually welcome this release as it fills a genuine need for my collection.

I'm with you, I don't own this and never felt I absolutely needed it, but will be very happy to own it. I streamed it the other day, probably the first time I listened to it in at least 10 years and I was surprised how well the songs stuck with me.

I love Soft Bulletin and would love this to be the ROTM, but I might tactically swap it if there are things in the swaps I want and save this for a future month.
Do you think this one will stick around ? I always have such a hard time predicting which will sell out & which will be in perpetual swaption purgatory

Do you think this one will stick around ? I always have such a hard time predicting which will sell out & which will be in perpetual swaption purgatory
It is so hard to say anymore. VMP does print greater/fewer amounts depending on if they think it will sell out. But also they seem to conveniently under print enough copies for the initial rush and then the 2nd press seems to last for ever (I am looking at you Outkast)

Essentials USUALLY stick around... they're by far the largest pressing quantity of the 3 tracks. Never say never but I bet it sticks around for at least a few months...

Soft Bulletin is such a great album. It was one of the first records I bought when I got back into vinyl 3 or 4 years ago. It’s the perfect type of album for a curator to send out, it’s massively listenable but challenging at the same time. It has a healthy fan base but will be unheard (of) by a hefty proportion of members. And even though it’s still in print (I think) and in a more than acceptable sounding pressing, it seems to be diminishing in its availability. Really good choice for the oft debated ‘essential’ sub IMO.

Storf said on reddit that this is for... special reasons
"Hey y'all--been getting a lot of stock questions, so figured I'd make this thread for yall to lob questions at me.

No more ROTM hints; we announce on Friday now, and not Thursday for....special reasons. More to come."

No more hints? that's intriguing. and also kind of boring. thankfully I have the N&G AOTM to keep my investigation skills up!

Curious what they're doing here though, IDK what is up

"Hey y'all--been getting a lot of stock questions, so figured I'd make this thread for yall to lob questions at me.

No more ROTM hints; we announce on Friday now, and not Thursday for....special reasons. More to come."

No more hints? that's intriguing. and also kind of boring. thankfully I have the N&G AOTM to keep my investigation skills up!

Curious what they're doing here though, IDK what is up
Did he mean permanently, or just for this month?

I mean he's saying yes to both, it's only confusing if he says no.

Maybe they'll tell us what the rotm is up front instead of dragging it out for several weeks?

maybe. It'd be REALLY weird though

EDIT: maybe it's gonna be like they have members know the record immediately at the beginning of the month and can buy it immediately, whereas non-members have to wait until the end of the month?

maybe. It'd be REALLY weird though

EDIT: maybe it's gonna be like they have members know the record immediately at the beginning of the month and can buy it immediately, whereas non-members have to wait until the end of the month?

More likely, knowing them, that they’ll send it out unannounced and you don’t know until they start to land because the fun is in the surprise 🙄

Back