Vinyl Me Please Essentials

That’s so good to know you like it! I haven’t heard it yet but I’m excited to check the album out if it ends up being the Essentials ROTM! 😊

Musically it’s quite lush and a lil psychedelic but also a bit off kilter. The only warning is that his vocals aren’t typical and aren’t for everyone. The music more than carries it for me but I don’t know if everyone agrees.

Shipping notice came in. Going to be a fun month:

Power of Zeus 'The Gospel According To Zeus'
Eric Dolphy 'Out There'
Skull Snaps 'Skull Snaps'
The Roots 'How I Got Over'
Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers 'The Freedom Rider'

I'm leaning pretty strongly that the hat comment is just Storf trolling to plant a seed of doubt
This is my suspicion as well. Storf. I have just never known how to take the guy. I remember him storming onto the old forums guns blazing and everyone hated him, then he took it down a few notches and mostly he was okay. I still peruse his writing and Twitter from time to time and it's still mostly quality commentary with a side of cringe here and there. His recent micro-rant hating on Tool because someone who liked them was a dick to him in high school is a perfect example. I dunno. I get connecting bad/scarring experiences with certain elements present, but as a professional in the music industry, insinuating that everyone that listens to Tool is a douchebag because of his singular experience struck me as both juvenile and unprofessional. I still get a mixed bag of vibes from him in general.

giphy.gif

Just because he offered to pick the hat doesn't necessarily mean that the redditor would have to eat it. He could just be effing with everyone. In the past when the community figured it out too soon, he has done just that. Obviously at this point we will haveta wait until the next clue but unlike the other guesses people were certain about he didn't outright dismiss Flaming Lips. We shall see.
I'm leaning pretty strongly that the hat comment is just Storf trolling to plant a seed of doubt

If I remember correctly from the lost forums, several years ago someone said a similar thing of eating their hat if a ROTM wasn't something or other. It turned out that person was wrong, so they made some hat cookies or pastries and ate them. He uploaded a video, too. One of the many things lost in the purge...

This is my suspicion as well. Storf. I have just never known how to take the guy. I remember him storming onto the old forums guns blazing and everyone hated him, then he took it down a few notches and mostly he was okay. I still peruse his writing and Twitter from time to time and it's still mostly quality commentary with a side of cringe here and there. His recent micro-rant hating on Tool because someone who liked them was a dick to him in high school is a perfect example. I dunno. I get connecting bad/scarring experiences with certain elements present, but as a professional in the music industry, insinuating that everyone that listens to Tool is a douchebag because of his singular experience struck me as both juvenile and unprofessional. I still get a mixed bag of vibes from him in general.

giphy.gif

[/QUOTE]
That actually annoyed me a bit as well. Dismissing an incredibly popular band because a fan picked on you? C'mon man. Does he really believe that Clipse fans wouldn't have picked on him if he went to school in VA ?

If I remember correctly from the lost forums, several years ago someone said a similar thing of eating their hat if a ROTM wasn't something or other. It turned out that person was wrong, so they made some hat cookies or pastries and ate them. He uploaded a video, too. One of the many things lost in the purge...

Pretty sure that was @CAPacelli ? That was hilarious and a high point of the community interaction with VMP staff on the old Forums.

View attachment 17284

Records sold? (weeks?)

Edit: Nah.. 1872 weeks would be 36 years! lol
The numbers in the parentheses are really throwing me for a loop. My first thought was the number of songs the artist has; I know Da Brat doesn't have a massive discography so 52 could be possible (I haven't actually bothered verifying lol). But, even though Flaming Lips does have a massive discography, 1872 seems too preposterous

The numbers in the parentheses are really throwing me for a loop. My first thought was the number of songs the artist has; I know Da Brat doesn't have a massive discography so 52 could be possible (I haven't actually bothered verifying lol). But, even though Flaming Lips does have a massive discography, 1872 seems too preposterous
AC2A4BBB-2DB7-461C-88D2-4DECB9C8F6F2.jpeg

Don’t worry, y’all. Google to the rescue.

View attachment 17284

Records sold? (weeks?)

Edit: Nah.. 1872 weeks would be 36 years! lol
Gotta be year of release. HOPE Y'ALL READY FOR SOME GEORGES BIZET!

Back