Vinyl Me Please Country

I feel like it's unlikely to be Brad Paisley

Mostly because he is already such a laughing stock and they are not stupid enough to do the guy who made accidental racist

BUT....they did Sam Hunt, so in my book, anything goes.
The difference is Sam hunt is awful, but he didn't make a song called accidental racist with a verse from LL cool j defending the Confederate flag

That destroyed the reputation he barely had forever

The difference is Sam hunt is awful, but he didn't make a song called accidental racist with a verse from LL cool j defending the Confederate flag

That destroyed the reputation he barely had forever
Man, I had actually forgot that abomination of a song exists.

His first few albums where good and and I wouldn't call Brad Paisley a racist just because he had a song called Accidental Racist on a record. I mean he is about as well respected in that type of country music as anyone these days. I don't think Ben Folds is a racist just because he wrote Rockin The Suburbs. Fine if you think the music sucks.

His first few albums where good and and I wouldn't call Brad Paisley a racist just because he had a song called Accidental Racist on a record. I mean he is about as well respected in that type of country music as anyone these days. I don't think Ben Folds is a racist just because he wrote Rockin The Suburbs. Fine if you think the music sucks.
I think Paisley’s early albums are fun and dude is one heck of a guitar player.

Sticking by my thought that the next Country pick is Waylon Jennings - This Time.

As to Paisley, I thought that American Saturday Night was his big album, so why not do that one (if you're doing Paisley - I wouldn't pick him, but I don't like most of the music from that scene of country music fwiw)?

Last edited:
Looks like they added different clues on Instagram.
Yeah and you can call Waylon a lot of things but under-recognize seems like a stretch. Makes me think it’s likely Doug Sahm and Groover’s Paradise, which actually piques my interest. Probably not enough to sign up outright but maybe to see if someone who already has a membership will pick it up for me. It’s kind of a under the radar pick but for someone like me with a decent country collection already it actually kinda works.

Definitely Patsy and Lambert for the other two releases.

I let my country membership lapse because I wasn't feeling Lyle Lovett and was going to wait until they announced the next three records. If it is Doug Sahm instead of Waylon, I'll probably wait to sign up for Miranda then.
Not that they 1974 Waylon albums aren’t great but I am holding out hope for Honky Tonk Heros

Yeah and you can call Waylon a lot of things but under-recognize seems like a stretch. Makes me think it’s likely Doug Sahm and Groover’s Paradise, which actually piques my interest. Probably not enough to sign up outright but maybe to see if someone who already has a membership will pick it up for me. It’s kind of a under the radar pick but for someone like me with a decent country collection already it actually kinda works.
I think it’s intriguing as well. I’m also not a member but it’s not easy to find in good condition under $40 so….

1646862040722.gif

Back