Vinyl Me Please Country

What’s Next for VMP Country​

As you know by now, the 13th Country Record of the Month is Lyle Lovett’s 1992 classic Joshua Judges Ruth. But what’s next for VMP Country beyond that?

“The next year will bring a stone-cold classic from one of Country’s biggest outlaws, and at least four albums that have never been on vinyl, from the ’90s and ’00s,” Winistorfer said. “There will be more Texas songwriters, one of country’s biggest modern stars, an album from the coast and our first real toe-dip into bluegrass for the subscription. I also hope to eventually expand the definition of ‘country’ to include genres like ranchera, narcocorridos and African country music. I can’t wait to see where we take this in 2022, 2023 and beyond.”

As you know by now, the 13th Country Record of the Month is Lyle Lovett’s 1992 classic Joshua Judges Ruth. But what’s next for VMP Country beyond that?

“The next year will bring a stone-cold classic from one of Country’s biggest outlaws, and at least four albums that have never been on vinyl, from the ’90s and ’00s,” Winistorfer said. “There will be more Texas songwriters, one of country’s biggest modern stars, an album from the coast and our first real toe-dip into bluegrass for the subscription. I also hope to eventually expand the definition of ‘country’ to include genres like ranchera, narcocorridos and African country music. I can’t wait to see where we take this in 2022, 2023 and beyond.”
Sounds like we are getting Waylon. Which is needed!

Stuff never before on vinyl that might reel me in for at renewal: "Let's Kill Saturday Night" or "Georgia Hard" by Robbie Fulks, "The Houston Kid" by Rodney Crowell, "Broken Things" by Julie Miller, anything by Gillian Welch (highly unlikely though), "Impossible Dream" by Patty Griffin or "Midnight and Lonesome" by Buddy Miller. And as for the superstar, could it be Brad Paisley or Faith Hill?

Stuff never before on vinyl that might reel me in for at renewal: "Let's Kill Saturday Night" or "Georgia Hard" by Robbie Fulks, "The Houston Kid" by Rodney Crowell, "Broken Things" by Julie Miller, anything by Gillian Welch (highly unlikely though), "Impossible Dream" by Patty Griffin or "Midnight and Lonesome" by Buddy Miller. And as for the superstar, could it be Brad Paisley or Faith Hill?
Would love some Robbie Fulks....I should probably pick up some of the others at some point too. Such a great live act!

Omg Faith Hill was the first artist I loved as a kid! Breathe or Faith would make me so happy!

My guess for 2009 was Miranda Lambert - Revolution
God Damn, I hope so. I love Miranda and have been hoping her older albums get pressed.

My guess for 1974 is Waylon Jennings - This Time. Great album, maybe 3rd or 4th best album of his and one that hit his outlaw period dead on.
Either this or Ramblin Man. Both are classics. Hope it's 'This Time' though since I have the MOV Ramblin Man (though Id still double dip for sure).

Any reasons to why y'all say Miranda Lambert is almost a sure pick? Have they leaked anything about it? Not really a top pick for me. I mean, it's a decent/good slice of country rock, but not essential in my book. If it's this, Waylon/George Jones (I already have good OG's of the good ones) and Patsy (I mean, there's often good copies of this at the thrift stores for a few bucks) then I'm probably out again for now.

Any reasons to why y'all say Miranda Lambert is almost a sure pick? Have they leaked anything about it? Not really a top pick for me. I mean, it's a decent/good slice of country rock, but not essential in my book. If it's this, Waylon/George Jones (I already have good OG's of the good ones) and Patsy (I mean, there's often good copies of this at the thrift stores for a few bucks) then I'm probably out again for now.
The above release from VMP suggests that 4 albums that haven't been on vinyl before would be on the Country track, which I why I thought Miranda was a lock, especially with it being very well regarded from that year.

The above release from VMP suggests that 4 albums that haven't been on vinyl before would be on the Country track, which I why I thought Miranda was a lock, especially with it being very well regarded from that year.
I got ya! But Paisleys "American Saturday Night" would fit too, though. Plus the "biggest modern stars" thingy. Not that I would jump in for that one either....

Back