Vinyl Me Please Country

I like this Reba album. And I think the dated production is kind of charming and endearing. But I think I’m going to pass as well. I don’t think it would get spun enough to justify its place in my collection, and I’m running out of room fast in my apartment...

I like that in the writeup for Outkast, Storf said "We don’t have any plans to repeat artists in Essentials, but in our other Tracks, we’re definitely open to doing the same artist more than once."
As much as this track has been flawless so far and I'm excited for them to explore artists outside of the big names, I wasnt thrilled at the thought of no more reissues from those folks.

Um, Emmylou isn't AAA? what BS is this? It just says "mastered from the original tapes" while the others say explicitly that they are AAA.
Yeah, that was weird. I wonder why it wouldn’t be AAA? They said a while back the Country track will be AAA when possible.

I wanted to not swap Reba, but after listening to this and several other albums, I am thinking she is a greatest hits artist for me. No disrespect to the woman herself, I just don't need this particular album. Swapped for credit.
It's not disrespect. She's a phenomenal talent. The music is just not great. So it comes down to a few catchy songs. On Dolly and Emmylou I think both the singing and the music are fantastic. Can't wait for those.

Last edited:
Back