Vinyl Me Please Country

Looks like Folsom Prison is confirmed for the VMP Country kickoff album.

View attachment 89192

View attachment 89191
Great way to start it. I wasn't really overly interested in the sub but would definitely get this if I didnt have it already. I was lucky enough to pick up a first stereo pressing last summer for around £1.

The real killer set though is the legacy 5LP set from 2018. I picked that up on RSD that year and its such a fun one to listen to, a real deep dive and a great immersive experience. Im going to have to dig it all out tomorrow now!!

I think it's a very strong bet that it will be AAA and in a foil stamped tip-on jacket. Pressing location probably depends on if it's colored or not. Probably color and plated at QRP/pressed at GZ. I think the only ones they press at QRP are the Classics because they are black and QRP doesn't wanna do fancy colored vinyl (though they did do the solid color vinyl for the dead box set)
Yeah makes sense, do we have any word that these will actually be colored? I suppose that would make sense but they really seem like for at least the classic country it should just be on black, for me at least...

technically out of print just because you can't easily buy it on other stores due to covid

still will basically be newbury version

technically out of print just because you can't easily buy it on other stores due to covid

still will basically be newbury version

We'll find out tomorrow, but I gotta assume they're gonna try and pimp this out as much as possible, especially since it's the inaugural release of a brand new track. I'm thinking it's gotta be remastered AAA (if the source material exists), maybe even mono. I'd be shocked if it was just "tip-on jacket with colorful splatter" and nothing more to set it apart from previous releases.

We'll find out tomorrow, but I gotta assume they're gonna try and pimp this out as much as possible, especially since it's the inaugural release of a brand new track. I'm thinking it's gotta be remastered AAA (if the source material exists), maybe even mono. I'd be shocked if it was just "tip-on jacket with colorful splatter" and nothing more to set it apart from previous releases.
If it’s Mono it might be back in but my OG stereo is flawless so that would be the only way I’d consider it.

Great way to start it. I wasn't really overly interested in the sub but would definitely get this if I didnt have it already. I was lucky enough to pick up a first stereo pressing last summer for around £1.

The real killer set though is the legacy 5LP set from 2018. I picked that up on RSD that year and its such a fun one to listen to, a real deep dive and a great immersive experience. Im going to have to dig it all out tomorrow now!!
What´s the word on the 2015 Legacy 2 LP repress. That seems widely available for cheap

And does one need to be signed up with them or can it be purchased a la carte?

im assuming membership but you never know with vmp
It seems to be a track. They are saying that you cannot swap a track for it, but you can do it as an add-on track. I guess you could sign up for a 1 month deal but you're lookin at $43+ tax now which is kinda mental. I might see if someone can do it as an add-on for me.

Back