Vinyl Me Please Classics

I'm listening to Eddie Floyd's Knock on Wood right now and loving it... but man it sounds really bad. Just super compressed. Is it just me or is this a bad pressing? or it this just how this record sounds? I'd try and find a better pressing if the originals sound better (or if new reissues sound better).

With all the animosity the last few months, I didn't think we were that many from the start that stuck it out. It's pretty much the only track I'm still in (for now), though I'll dip into the others if something strikes my fancy. The variety & genres in Classics are completely in my wheelhouse. Plus pressing quality has been great this year.

1. Blossom Dearie
2. Blossom Dearie
3. Blossom Dearie

Yes! The best Classics to me are the ones that I wouldn't have normally picked up on my own. Ones like Blossom Dearie, Donald Byrd, William Bell, Little Milton. That's why I'm always blown away by the Classics pick. They're usually never bad.

I'm listening to Fancy Free right now.

I have the full set, but took a lot of backlog trading and tracking down. I was pretty late to the game. Grabbed Miles and Coltrane first. Then didnt get another until Blossom Dearie and the Shepp re-press. Swaps, Trades and Bespoke Post were my friends :)

Back