Vinyl Me Please Classics

I have about half of them I think. Haven’t listened to Art Blakely yet but I know I’ll like it. I also picked up Indestructible.

I like the idea of most spun vs least spun

1) Archie Shepp
2) Al Green
3-5) little milton, William Bell, Blossom Dearie

Last). Lafayette - my gf called it elevator music and I can’t get that out of my head. Happy to see the love here for it since it was an interesting pick.

I NEED Lightmen. Really like it and have held off for a long time. This month might be the month.

I have about half of them I think. Haven’t listened to Art Blakely yet but I know I’ll like it. I also picked up Indestructible.

1) Archie Shepp
2) Al Green

Last). Lafayette - my gf called it elevator music and I can’t get that out of my head. Happy to see the love here for it since it was an interesting pick.

I NEED Lightmen. Really like it and have held off for a long time. This month might be the month.
Your girlfriend rides some pretty funky elevators!

Willie Bobo, now...

1) Archie Shepp
2) Al Green

That would be one funky elevator ride!

I would probably consider Blossom Dearie, Byrd & Getz and Willie Bobo as closer to elevator music (I'm not saying anything about the quality of those records - I like them).

Storf gave a Classics stock update over on reddit:

SWF >>Donald Byrd > James Booker >>>> Sister Rosetta > Isley Brothers > Nat Turner > Eddie Floyd > Darrell Banks > Willie Bobo > Little Milton > Koko Taylor > Art Blakey > The Lightmen > William Bell > Lafayette Afro Rock Band > Alice Coltrane > Al Green > Archie Shepp

No love for SWF :( :( :(

SWF >>Donald Byrd > James Booker >>>> Sister Rosetta > Isley Brothers > Nat Turner > Eddie Floyd > Darrell Banks > Willie Bobo > Little Milton > Koko Taylor > Art Blakey > The Lightmen > William Bell > Lafayette Afro Rock Band > Alice Coltrane > Al Green > Archie Shepp

Sisters With Forces?

Suns will rage into creation and die, universes will birth teeming life and snuff it out, single celled organisms will evolve, create formal languages, form governments and eventually annihilate themselves, and Sarah Webster Fabio will still be available to swap...

At this rate, it may be a good idea to throw that SWF album in people's boxes as a freebie. It costs money to warehouse product over a long period of time, and copies of that album sell for single digits on other sites. They are never going to recoup their investment there.

At this rate, it may be a good idea to throw that SWF album in people's boxes as a freebie. It costs money to warehouse product over a long period of time, and copies of that album sell for single digits on other sites. They are never going to recoup their investment there.

They unloaded a bunch to Bespoke Post (which is how I got my copy) and they still have a ton left.

It’s a shame, because it’s actually a pretty darned good record.

Suns will rage into creation and die, universes will birth teeming life and snuff it out, single celled organisms will evolve, create formal languages, form governments and eventually annihilate themselves, and Sarah Webster Fabio will still be available to swap...

It’s a pity, it’s a surprisingly good very warped album! I really enjoyed that one...

Isley Brothers cut gets better with each spin too. VMP has killed it with Classics. The Stax ones from last year (William Bell and Eddie Floyd especially) aren't AAA but they sound better than several AAA pressings of other albums I have. I would say the same about the Buddy Guy too from February.

Back