Vinyl Me Please Classics

Anyone know why they’re doing Lupe in mono? I’ve been listening on headphones (spotify) and it seems like a record that really benefits from stereo since there’s so much going on.
My guess is that they could only get the mono tapes, similar to how they did thelonious monk in stereo because the mono tapes were badly damaged. Or maybe they just decided that mono was what they liked

My guess is that they could only get the mono tapes, similar to how they did thelonious monk in stereo because the mono tapes were badly damaged. Or maybe they just decided that mono was what they liked
I also think that VMP likes doing mono for classics when they can. It’s often a differentiator from recent reissues that may be out there or mono hasn't been done in decades. I think I remember one of the employees mentioning on the Q&A this quartet that they like being a place for people to go for AAA mono releases.

Doing mono from 1969 releases is kinda lame IMO, most stereo recordings were far superior post 1967/68. They did this with Acid as well, which is great music but I think it would've been better cut from the stereo mix. I get it when they are just trying to differentiate from a wider stereo release like The Shape of Jazz to Come and Everything is Everything and Ode to Billie Joe, but some stuff they just do mono for the sake of mono it seems. They certainly seem to have a mono fetish

Doing mono from 1969 releases is kinda lame IMO, most stereo recordings were far superior post 1967/68. They did this with Acid as well, which is great music but I think it would've been better cut from the stereo mix. I get it when they are just trying to differentiate from a wider stereo release like The Shape of Jazz to Come and Everything is Everything and Ode to Billie Joe, but some stuff they just do mono for the sake of mono it seems. They certainly seem to have a mono fetish
That mono Shape of Jazz To Come is incredible. I sold my Speakers Corner stereo reissue when I heard it, and I think the SC stereo is great.

That mono Shape of Jazz To Come is incredible. I sold my Speakers Corner stereo reissue when I heard it, and I think the SC stereo is great.
I agree 100%. I've brought the VMP Shape of... album as a gift a couple of times and listened once to make sure i dont send a bum copy and the pressing is consistently the highest quality pressing I've seen from them. Great sound and background is like CD quiet.

I agree 100%. I've brought the VMP Shape of... album as a gift a couple of times and listened once to make sure i dont send a bum copy and the pressing is consistently the highest quality pressing I've seen from them. Great sound and background is like CD quiet.
Fiiiine. I’ll finally grab a copy!

Y'all are the worst enablers. Re-joined for 3 months. (Thanks & your welcome @Murfocakes for the referral).
Guy Clark, Gary Bartz, and Phases & Stages were too big a draw. Will add Master of Reality if it pops back up too.
Added Shape of Jazz as my Bonus record to compare to the Speakers Corner since the bonus records are down to the dregs.

Y'all are the worst enablers. Re-joined for 3 months. (Thanks & your welcome @Murfocakes for the referral).
Guy Clark, Gary Bartz, and Phases & Stages were too big a draw. Will add Master of Reality if it pops back up too.
Added Shape of Jazz as my Bonus record to compare to the Speakers Corner since the bonus records are down to the dregs.
Thank you. We all thought initially that holding off to the end would allow new and exciting bonus records, but that hasn’t happened. Those are some tasty picks.

Thank you. We all thought initially that holding off to the end would allow new and exciting bonus records, but that hasn’t happened. Those are some tasty picks.

To be fair, 40% discount + referral + free records are quite a good deal. I expect them to do one more before they move their stock but it may not be as good as the ones we have.

To be fair, 40% discount + referral + free records are quite a good deal. I expect them to do one more before they move their stock but it may not be as good as the ones we have.
Certainly brought prices down to a very reasonable level for internationals too. And the VMP customer service is still top flight.

9dc4d8e6-f82d-4ec1-b4b1-8656b40b1685_text.gif

Back