Vinyl Me Please Classics

Also if you feel like spending $36 on the Booker T is a bit rich for your blood, I highly recommend trying out the original stereo mix which is fantastic as well. Pretty cheap to be had VG+. This album may take a listen or two to get used to the live mix but it really rocks.

The Mar-Keys / Booker T. And The MG's - Back To Back
I was going to say $22 with 40% off, but you beat that price!

I'm a stereo stan, but I feel like a lot of people will prefer the VMP mono mix, it's more cohesive and the kick drum/bottom end is more rockin'. The stereo has better sounding guitar and organ and more air in it. More defined bass.

How does it sound? This would normally be right up my alley but based on streaming it sounded like a fairly low-quality live recording.
Someone on discogs said it was the worst sounding album in his collection.

Ignore that fool. For a live album released in 1967 it sounds pretty good. It's not earth shattering, but it sounds pretty good.

He also mentions a ton of pops and clicks...my copy is flawless.

Man I gotta say, I just got Odetta as part of my 8 bonus records and this record is STELLAR. Great sound and great music and an artist that’s completely new to me. I didn’t see many people talk about this one at all which made me think it was a dud
Oh yes, such a good record! People are sleeping on that one IMO. It's probably in my top four or five for Classics this year.

Back