Vinyl Me Please Classics

I listened to some of it on the Spotify playlist and it didn’t stand out in any particular way... but also I’m not huge on the blues in general, so I was expecting this would be a pass for me.

May and June on the other hand... well June in general should be interesting because my sub is up in May. Are they still offering bridge subscriptions? Because if not I’m probably out after that month.
Yep, figured as its been crickets in here about it since the reveal lmao. I'm STOKED for King Curtis and Dorothy Ashby but hard pass on this months Classics. Oh well!

I believe bridge deals are still valid. I'm month to month rn and its been working well for me. Just popping in for what I nEED and out for anything less.

Yep, figured as its been crickets in here about it since the reveal lmao. I'm STOKED for King Curtis and Dorothy Ashby but hard pass on this months Classics. Oh well!

I believe bridge deals are still valid. I'm month to month rn and its been working well for me. Just popping in for what I nEED and out for anything less.
Same, I think I gonna sign up for 3 months now though. There is a enough things I am interested over the next 3 months it’ll be worthwhile.

Best comment of the day. There is nothing worse than a God damn oxford comma. What a stupid and pointless thing.

Fun fact - it only started to be eliminated from usage due to the need to maximize space on typesetters (same for the elimination of periods with e.g. and i.e.), and yet it can be very helpful in not sending the wrong message, e.g.,

oxford1comma.jpg

Also, I don't have any of the 3 just-announced Classics on vinyl, and I like the variety of the selections. For the first time in a bit, it doesn't feel like any from this round were a huge stretch.

Now I just need to find a way to get my hands on that Shotgun Willie... and flashbacks to tracking down all the original Classics before they opened it up.

LOL, I am with ya TBH. I was really just referencing this...

Haha. No worries, man. Didn’t know the reference (but will totally check out the song). But what good is an Internet forum if you can’t mess around.

Edit: I’ve actually been meaning to check out VW. I know that Ezra is a big Dead fan and I’ve heard him on some podcasts and he just seems like a super cool dude. If anyone has any good places to start, I am all ears!

Haha. No worries, man. Didn’t know the reference (but will totally check out the song). But what good is an Internet forum if you can’t mess around.

Edit: I’ve actually been meaning to check out VW. I know that Ezra is a big Dead fan and I’ve heard him on some podcasts and he just seems like a super cool dude. If anyone has any good places to start, I am all ears!

The first album, which includes this song is my fave VW. I'm sure someone will come along and make a case for a later album.

You really can’t go wrong with their first two albums. I prefer the second, Contra, a bit more though. I think the songs are more interesting and the production is fantastic. It really rewards repeated listens because there’s so much detail and little instrumental flourishes sprinkled throughout. I’d say check them both out if you’re interested.

I also love their third, Modern Vampires of the City. The first two are much more immediate and fun though. I couldn’t get into their most recent album.

The first album, which includes this song is my fave VW. I'm sure someone will come along and make a case for a later album.

I completely agree, their first is my favorite too and Modern Vampire In The City is probably their most critically acclaimed but all their albums are pretty good.

100% their first album is my favorite. Basically a flawless album in my mind.

Back