Vinyl Me Please Classics

I know it's a very, very longshot... but I hope December is a compilation of Carl Hall tracks.

Carl Hall, for the record (no pun intended), is the man with the incredibly high range singing on Archie Shepp's Attica Blues. He has never had a proper album and it's long overdue that it should happen.

I know it's a very, very longshot... but I hope December is a compilation of Carl Hall tracks.

Carl Hall, for the record (no pun intended), is the man with the incredibly high range singing on Archie Shepp's Attica Blues. He has never had a proper album and it's long overdue that it should happen.

Given how big a fan I was of Nat Turner Rebellion which was basically a compilation, I'd absolutely be down for something like this.

Wait. I wasn’t around back then, but did Storf really call Oriental Jazz “free jazz”??
Yes but I believe that was because they got the RIGHTS for free, due to it sounding like it was recorded on an old cassette player via an A.M. radio broadcast, during a rain storm, in 1968.

He was just confused.

Last edited:
Yes but I believe that was because they got the RIGHTS for free, due to it sounding like it was recorded on an old cassette player via an A.M. radio broadcast, during a rain storm, in 1968.

He was just confused.
LOL. How does the guy in charge of the Classics track not know what free jazz is? That‘s kinda shocking to me actually.

LOL. How does the guy in charge of the Classics track not know what free jazz is? That‘s kinda shocking to me actually.
He doesn't ever seem like he knows much about it to me and I consider myself to have a very rudimentary knowledge of it. Certainly not nearly as much as many others here.

I don't think there is a good, AAA pressing of Way Out West available though. They recently did the ERC versions of Brilliant Corners and Way Out West but there was only like a handful of those pressed, and they retailed for $300 when they were out.
I believe the OJC 80s pressings are AAA but haven't looked up the prices on those to see how readily available they are. @Mather the Craft box is digital but still supposedly sounds good.

I believe the OJC 80s pressings are AAA but haven't looked up the prices on those to see how readily available they are. @Mather the Craft box is digital but still supposedly sounds good.
Yep I have it and it sounds good. I'll have to check again to see if I can tell it's not AAA but from what I recall is a very very good digital master.

Yep I have it and it sounds good. I'll have to check again to see if I can tell it's not AAA but from what I recall is a very very good digital master.
I have this as well, its sourced from high resolution digital files but as @Mather said, its certainly a very very good master.

Yea--I believe Fremer talked about it being Digital. AP supposedly had an entire series of AAA Contemporary Records that were meant to come out around 2015 mastered and cut by BG and Craft pulled the plug at the last minute.

Yea--I believe Fremer talked about it being Digital. AP supposedly had an entire series of AAA Contemporary Records that were meant to come out around 2015 mastered and cut by BG and Craft pulled the plug at the last minute.
YES... yes that's right I remember that. I forgot this was one of the titles. Well I got the box set at a really good price so it worked out.

Well, the Stooges had some wild improv moments, and Black Sabbath definitely had some jazz influence so that's basically the same as jazz, right?
Well storf and before that Cameron weren't that stupid, they did call stooges protopunk and black Sabbath metal like they already were

Back