Vinyl Me Please Classics

It seems like this thread/forum is on life support. I know that when my subscription at the old prices ends I won't be around here. That's a shame. And I think VMP is going to see a similar drop off. You can't ask me to pay premium prices, months in advance, without knowing what I'm going to get at the time of purchase.
They will be announcing the next 3 months for all 3 streams later this month. But will they be good enough for people to stick around?

It seems like this thread/forum is on life support. I know that when my subscription at the old prices ends I won't be around here. That's a shame. And I think VMP is going to see a similar drop off. You can't ask me to pay premium prices, months in advance, without knowing what I'm going to get at the time of purchase.
No reason not to Stick around here without being a vmp member. Hope this forum can exist independently of vmp

No reason not to Stick around here without being a vmp member. Hope this forum can exist independently of vmp
Plus the forum was never made as a VMP hub, it just so happened to be needed once the VMP one shut down. Although the VMP threads have a lot of activity, they are just a small chunk of available threads.

I’ll make sure I keep this and the other VMP threads active! 😚💯🙊

For anyone curious about how the Record Store Day edition of Nat Turner Rebellion compares with the original VMP release, I gotcha covered:

• RSD is single jacket vs VMP's gatefold tip-on
  • RSD feels like standard weight vs VMP 180g
  • RSD is "fire red" vinyl vs VMP's standard black
  • RSD pressing is quiet, comparable in quality to VMP. Based on the runout I suspect it was pressed at Gz like the VMP version.
  • RSD has the VMP "listening notes" booklet printed on the inner jacket as liner notes
  • RSD does not have Storf mentioned anywhere in the album credits. This might be an added bonus for some people idk
  • RSD does not include the VMP bonus 7" but...
  • RSD includes a digital download card which does include the 7" tracks along with the full album
The digital download is only 128kbps which totally blows, though. I do personally prefer the RSD color scheme/artwork more than the original VMP edition, however.

In conclusion, both versions are great A++ will double-dip again

Time for some sleuthing.

1968 jazz releases
1957 jazz releases

Last edited:
All the Sonny Rollins, Max Roach, and Ben Webster are out too since they already had a Classics. I doubt it's Tijuana Moods (there is a good AAA, Speakers Corner version in print for $35) or Brilliant Corners. Bill Evans at Montreaux was just repressed by Analogue Productions too. Interesting note that Storf said the upcoming jazz albums would be all very different types of jazz (I'm betting fusion for the 1968 jazz album and maybe bigger band, or piano jazz or something for the '57 one)

Ben Webster could be a Classics as he was what would now be Essentials. I eliminated Miles and Coltrane since VMP said before they wouldn't do another Miles and the Coltrane is the most available Coltrane around.

I wonder if 68 is Sun Ra. They've done 2 exclusives already. We're also due for another Blue Note.

For anyone curious about how the Record Store Day edition of Nat Turner Rebellion compares with the original VMP release, I gotcha covered:

• RSD is single jacket vs VMP's gatefold tip-on
  • RSD feels like standard weight vs VMP 180g
  • RSD is "fire red" vinyl vs VMP's standard black
  • RSD pressing is quiet, comparable in quality to VMP. Based on the runout I suspect it was pressed at Gz like the VMP version.
  • RSD has the VMP "listening notes" booklet printed on the inner jacket as liner notes
  • RSD does not have Storf mentioned anywhere in the album credits. This might be an added bonus for some people idk
  • RSD does not include the VMP bonus 7" but...
  • RSD includes a digital download card which does include the 7" tracks along with the full album
The digital download is only 128kbps which totally blows, though. I do personally prefer the RSD color scheme/artwork more than the original VMP edition, however.

In conclusion, both versions are great A++ will double-dip again
Also maybe it's me, but I really hate the jacket design of the VMP version. I don't know who gave them the "okay" on that typeface...

Ben Webster could be a Classics as he was what would now be Essentials. I eliminated Miles and Coltrane since VMP said before they wouldn't do another Miles and the Coltrane is the most available Coltrane around.

That's right I forgot Soulville was Essentials/pre-Classics.

Back