Vinyl Me Please Classics

Yeah I agree with these as fusion picks (maybe Mahavishnu Orchestra as well). I was thinking something by Herbie Hancocks group's, Mwandishi, VSOP, maybe Headhunters, but seeing as there is an Anthology Box Set coming soon I kind of ruled that out.

I have that as well, fantastic pressings. I like the alternative takes as well.
I might grab that Speakers Corner pressing of Crossings. I'd like Mwandishi but the best pressing of it I can find is a MOV so I know it's likely to lack some of that natural sound that you lose with digital. Although I have their Live Evil pressing and it's actually quite good...

I might grab that Speakers Corner pressing of Crossings. I'd like Mwandishi but the best pressing of it I can find is a MOV so I know it's likely to lack some of that natural sound that you lose with digital. Although I have their Live Evil pressing and it's actually quite good...
I was looking at a copy of Mwandishi the other day, but Im waiting out to see whats included in the Herbie Anthology. I would be amazed if they were to not include it as its such an important album within Herbie's career. Then again, it is VMP we are talking about....

I was looking at a copy of Mwandishi the other day, but Im waiting out to see whats included in the Herbie Anthology. I would be amazed if they were to not include it as its such an important album within Herbie's career. Then again, it is VMP we are talking about....
Ah yes I forgot about the anthology. Damn...

what do you think the other 2 jazz months will be... free jazz (and by free i mean more free than oriental jazz), fusion (very likely), hard bop, bebop, big band (a duke ellington album would actually be a great idea), third stream, modal jazz

If it's free, I hope they go with something like Peter Brötzmann's Machine Gun.

If it's free, I hope they go with something like Peter Brötzmann's Machine Gun.
Back when in the month when we ultimately got Oriental Music, Storf gave the clue as the album being 'Free Jazz' and over on the Jazz Thread we came up with lists of what it could be. Machine Gun was a front runner for a while, but I honestly cant see them ever choosing this for a Classics. Even a good chunk of jazz fans find the music to be too harsh, so I would imagine most of the non-jazz fanatic would as well.

@NathanRicaud I would LOVE to know what you thought of this.....

Back when in the month when we ultimately got Oriental Music, Storf gave the clue as the album being 'Free Jazz' and over on the Jazz Thread we came up with lists of what it could be. Machine Gun was a front runner for a while, but I honestly cant see them ever choosing this for a Classics. Even a good chunk of jazz fans find the music to be too harsh, so I would imagine most of the non-jazz fanatic would as well.

It's definitely got some of the coolest artwork I've seen in a while.

-plays 30 seconds of track 1-

We'll I'm blind and deaf now so....

Its so rare that VMP chooses a great artist's most highly regarded album that I doubt it. Would probably be Nipples or Balls or something.

Yes, I did just want to write Nipples or Balls.

That's one reason I love this album so much and it really helps show how diverse "jazz" can be. So when you say we're in store for three months of jazz and something like this comes along it's bound to blow some minds and maybe make some new fans who wouldn't have given much thought to it before.

But you're right, it's probably too out there for VMP to give the ROTM treatment.

Don’t get @NathanRicaud exited for albums we're not going to get.
VMP many of the times have chosen the artists’ best work! But they just never achieve that with the Classics ROTM track! Moreso in the R&HH and Essentials track! 💯

I’m very, very, very excited for VMP to announce all the next three ROTM’s for each sub in late September! Super duper excited for it! 😇

Interested in the December soul album. Was hoping we’d get one more soul record for 2020.

Back