Vinyl Me Please Classics

458405897 posts later.. so.. what's the frontrunner? :)
Future - Honest

šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ˜©šŸ˜©šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread! I think maybe Albert Kingā€™s ā€œKing Does The Kingā€™s Thingsā€, even though it doesnā€™t completely fit the clues, especially the year (1969vs1970) and the (21), as the album title has 22 letters (we think Storf miscounted the amount of letters in the album title)!

Last edited:
Discogs is saying it came out in 1969 (US release in 1970 tho...) so maybe could be that. No idea where the 21 comes into play though.
Earl Hooker died in ā€˜70...maybe the ā€œ1970ā€ clue refers to the date of death vs release date? Earl Hooker has 10 letters in his name, no idea how to make the other clues fit though.

Future - Honest

šŸ„ŗšŸ„ŗšŸ˜©šŸ˜©šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread! I think maybe Albert Kingā€™s ā€œKing Does The Kingā€™s Thingsā€, even though it doesnā€™t completely fit the clues, especially the year (1969vs1970) and the (21), as the album title has 22 letters (we think Storf miscounted the amount of letters in the album title)!

Iā€™m hoping itā€™s this šŸ˜Š

I'll give King of the Kings a chance. I'm usually not a huge fan of cover albums. I know, a lot of Blues albums are heavy on covers or standards but I don't know how a feel about an album exclusively of Elvis covers.

I do like Elvis though so maybe I'll be surprised just can't see it being a "go to" spin for me.

I really cannot imagine VMP would release an album of Elvis covers... I donā€™t care how good the album is, it just seems like a weird pick. Iā€™m thinking (hoping) itā€™s not that.

Same. Considering they won't repeat artist in tracks, it seems a really odd choice. And considering the main reason it's front runner is based on the fact that we think Storf counted the numbers wrong....I'm hoping it's still not it.

I hyped myself up too much on the possibility of Nicki Minaj/Eric Clapton. It's my own fault whatever it ends up being is likely going to be a bit of letdown.

bit of a stretch but King Does the King's Things still fits if you don't count the two promos and unoffical russian bootleg release.

10 words in name and title, 4 letters in last name, 21 official releases btwn LP, CD and Cass.

Haven't applied this to RHH as I don't follow that closely

Same. Considering they won't repeat artist in tracks, it seems a really odd choice. And considering the main reason it's front runner is based on the fact that we think Storf counted the numbers wrong....I'm hoping it's still not it.

I hyped myself up too much on the possibility of Nicki Minaj/Eric Clapton. It's my own fault whatever it ends up being is likely going to be a bit of letdown.
How does Clapton fit the clues again? If Storf went and did a Clapton album after refusing to consider Nas, wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical?

How does Clapton fit the clues again? If Storf went and did a Clapton album after refusing to consider Nas, wouldn't that be a bit hypocritical?

I mean, the same can be said about Miles....
Clapton is 1970, and
10: 4, 21 10th album including prior bands: 4 previous unique CD pressings, 21 previous unique Vinyl pressings. The number clue fit Pinkprint too. It's a stretch but so are most of the guesses right now (considering the current top guess is based off of assumed miscounting)

Clapton's 1970 album isn't even really a blues album. It's Classic rock/blues-rock and nothing released in the Classics track has been that far removed from true blues/jazz/soul/etc. An album that mainstream popular would be Essentials anyhow.

Definitely not, but we're talking about Storf here who is somewhat liberal in what he labels an album. I agree it doesnt really fit whats come before but we have some crate diggers like that. And I wouldnt be surprised if they branched out a little.

I mean, the same can be said about Miles....
Clapton is 1970, and
10: 4, 21 10th album including prior bands: 4 previous unique CD pressings, 21 previous unique Vinyl pressings. The number clue fit Pinkprint too. It's a stretch but so are most of the guesses right now (considering the current top guess is based off of assumed miscounting)

Definitely not, but we're talking about Storf here who is somewhat liberal in what he labels an album. I agree it doesnt really fit whats come before but we have some crate diggers like that. And I wouldnt be surprised if they branched out a little.
True, I guess there's no really getting around the hypocrite thing.

Personally, I kinda like that classics has steered clear of Classic Rock, just because so many other audiophile reissuers seem to focus there, so if they do end up going there, I hope it remains limited. I suppose it depends on the album though.

Can we make Preston Loveā€™s Omaha Bar-B-Q work? 1970, 21 letters in title, 4 singles ever released. I know nothing about this album but it does feature Shuggie Otis on guitar! Sounds super groovy too. Sorry if itā€™s been mentioned.

Edit: After listening to this more, itā€™s probably not it since thereā€™s a lot more funk and jazz in addition to electric blues but damn if this isnā€™t some groovy shit. Check it out.

Last edited:
Back