Vinyl Me Please Classics

Got my Erroll Garner today and it sounds great... but the groaning lol even my 6 yo daughter called him out and said why does he keep going UHHHH is he ok. It’s hard to ignore
pretty common for that type of jazz. try some earl hines next and see what she thinks.
Then some Mingus. The noises the guy makes sound like he has his leg in a bear trap.

It might be old news, but here's an article from last year that goes in-depth into Erroll Garner's lawsuit with Columbia and the precedent it set.

Additionally, it made me a bit interested in seeking out the "forbidden" Columbia albums: Swinging Solos, The One and Only Erroll Garner, and The Provocative Erroll Garner. They're all fairly inexpensive on discogs, although obviously had fairly limited pressings so it's not like there are a bajillion dollar-bin copies of them out there. I did grab Swinging Solos tonight, and will probably jump on the other two eventually.

did furnace and pallas do a good job with the packaging and mastering for erroll garner?

So Erroll Garner didn't have a hype sticker or is my copy just missing one?
I didn’t order this months classic but I have been following along, I believe it was pressed and packaged at a different plant than they regularly use (Pallas, I think) maybe that is why there were no hype stickers?

I didn’t order this months classic but I have been following along, I believe it was pressed and packaged at a different plant than they regularly use (Pallas, I think) maybe that is why there were no hype stickers?
That makes sense. It was also shrinkwrapped, instead of the typical resealable or tear-away outer.

Back