Vinyl Me Please Classics

Swapped for Irma Thomas, which looks and sounds fantastic. It was definitely a pleasant surprise to find it as a swaption. I hope VMP does more like that going forward, assuming they can get the damned inventory count right so they stop overselling them.
2/3 were oversold out of my swaps sadly. I supposedly got Irma but won’t believe it until I have it in hand...I don’t think I’ll trust those limited swaps going forward...

I swapped for Outkast (I previously thought I could get away with the incomplete version, but there was nothing else I wanted), and it might be the noisiest pressing I've ever received from VMP. I'm almost sure there won't be any replacements. Been a no lapse member since J Dilla and just counting down the months til my subscription ends at this point.

I swapped for Outkast (I previously thought I could get away with the incomplete version, but there was nothing else I wanted), and it might be the noisiest pressing I've ever received from VMP. I'm almost sure there won't be any replacements. Been a no lapse member since J Dilla and just counting down the months til my subscription ends at this point.
That's odd, mine sounds fantastic.

More Faces potential:

That George Duke is pretty great.

My wife bought 2 records since I started collecting. One was Aretha Now. She was annoyed that I bought the VMP version. The other was the Immortal Otis Redding. It has more crackles and pops than a fire place and she’ll be annoyed when I replace that one too if that’s what it ends up being.

My wife bought 2 records since I started collecting. One was Aretha Now. She was annoyed that I bought the VMP version. The other was the Immortal Otis Redding. It has more crackles and pops than a fire place and she’ll be annoyed when I replace that one too if that’s what it ends up being.
Yup. Gotta pick your battles in all relationships. Noisy vinyl is definitely worth going to war.

Back