Vinyl Me Please Classics

Herbie Hancock’s Mr. Hands is back in stock 🌈🙏😇🔥🌟😎
We told you! I think the system shows the current AoTMs as always being out of stock in the store so that they can’t be outright bought until the following month.

What absolute horse shit.

I am really tempted to get back in for Aretha mono but also I don't think they deserve any more of my money

We told you! I think the system shows the current AoTMs as always being out of stock in the store so that they can’t be outright bought until the following month.
Though it isn't available for swaps and both Aretha/NERD were available for purchase, so I suspect the stock isn't high

Isn’t that completely false though? It was released as a promo in mono as well as a standard issue in ‘68. Promos might be more common but still isn’t true that it was never released in the US in mono.
I have seen claims that there was a standard mono edition but it doesn't seem to be on discogs. Except for the UK version which I think may have been a fold (at least I have seen claims that it doesn't sound great). Have you seen one?

Edit: By get for me I just mean I have been having a hard time finding a mono, promo or otherwise, so i'm glad this is what they got, as they at least seem much rarer than all earlier monos. Wouldn't be surprised if storf didn't do any more research than check discogs if his statement turns out to be wrong.

Last edited:
I have seen claims that there was a standard mono edition but it doesn't seem to be on discogs. Except for the UK version which I think may have been a fold (at least I have seen claims that it doesn't sound great). Have you seen one?

Edit: By get for me I just mean I have been having a hard time finding a mono, promo or otherwise, so i'm glad this is what they got, as they at least seem much rarer than all earlier monos. Wouldn't be surprised if storf didn't do any more research than check discogs if his statement turns out to be wrong.
I’ve never seen one so I have no idea if they exist or not haha! I do know there are US white label promos that are dedicated mixes. Wonder if they actually found the promo tape or if it’s the UK master? I’m assuming the UK one is a copy of the master but who knows.

Curious how many of you out there actually have all the Classic's releases. I do, but as time goes by, I find myself listening to them less and less. Mulling over walking away from it, but knowing I have the entire "set" thus far, it's hard to imagine not adding to the collection.
I have them all and spin them quite frequently...there is probably one or two I haven't sun more than once.

Do we even have clues yet? I think there was a mention of a genre a while back but I can’t remember.

I don't know, I've not been following it, but I'm back in for this months picks so I'm already wondering what's coming up.

Back