Vinyl Me Please Classics

Curious how many of you out there actually have all the Classic's releases. I do, but as time goes by, I find myself listening to them less and less. Mulling over walking away from it, but knowing I have the entire "set" thus far, it's hard to imagine not adding to the collection.
I don’t have every one but I have quite a few of them and I get regular listens out of them. Classics is by far my favorite track.

Curious how many of you out there actually have all the Classic's releases. I do, but as time goes by, I find myself listening to them less and less. Mulling over walking away from it, but knowing I have the entire "set" thus far, it's hard to imagine not adding to the collection.

Classics is my favorite track as well! Own them all :)
Only track I've never swapped from.

I have all of them. I got in when Davis/Coltrane was the selection. I then went back and grabbed all the previous ones. That track consistently does not disappoint. It's opened me up to a lot artists I never would've come across that I am obsessed with now like Blossom Dearie, Donald Byrd and Blue Note in general, the Stax catalog. I don't ever feel the need to swap out. I can't say that about Rap and Hip Hop and Essentials.
Edit: Sorry, I'll add that of the VMP records I have, I relisten to Classics the most.

Last edited:
I have all of them. I got in when Davis/Coltrane was the selection. I then went back and grabbed all the previous ones. That track consistently does not disappoint. It's opened me up to a lot artists I never would've come across that I am obsessed with now like Blossom Dearie, Donald Byrd and Blue Note in general, the Stax catalog. I don't ever feel the need to swap out. I can't say that about Rap and Hip Hop and Essentials.
Edit: Sorry, I'll add that of the VMP records I have, I relisten to Classics the most.

What are some blossom titles you would recommend? Loved the vmp offering but havent gone down the rabbit hole yet.

All her early stuff is pretty great. She did a lot on Verve before she went on to have a Capitol release. I haven’t gone beyond that yet. There’s a really good double album you can get that’s a reprint of two separate Verve LPs. It’s her doing Broadway tunes. It’s called Blossoms on Broadway. It’s on Ebay for not too much.

Most of her stuff is hard to find or was repressed in Japan. I bugged Storf back then about VMP doing more of the Verve represses since it’s been a while since they’ve last been redone.

Last edited:
I joined at JLHooker #2. I'm probably the only one but couldn't stand the Shepp and skipped the first month and still can't bring myself to buy it just to have them all.

Probably a hot take/neggy thread comment but that one and Juju are the only ones in Classics which I didn't like at all. The spoken word-ishness is totally off putting for me

Anyone know what time they put the new AOTMs up usually? I'm going to attempt to join back for Aretha.
Sign into your account and join the Classics track now! It worked for me! It just has a button for the Classics track saying something like “add this track for $23”! ☺️

Hope it works for you! 🤞

What are some blossom titles you would recommend? Loved the vmp offering but havent gone down the rabbit hole yet.
All her early stuff is pretty great. She did a lot on Verve before she went on to have a Capitol release. I haven’t gone beyond that yet. There’s a really good double album you can get that’s a reprint of two separate Verve LPs. It’s her doing Broadway tunes. It’s called Blossoms on Broadway. It’s on Ebay for not too much.

Most of her stuff is hard to find or was repressed in Japan. I bugged Storf back then about VMP doing more of the Verve represses since it’s been a while since they’ve last been redone.
I actually found an original copy of Blossom Dearie just a few weeks before they announced the ROTM, so I have 2 copies of that now. The only other album I have is this - Blossom Dearie ‎– Needlepoint Magic, Volume 5 - from 1979. Its a live album and has that classic New York Club vibe to it. I actually picked it up at a car boot sale for 50p, and when I got back I realized it was signed, I thought it was part of the design originally, so that was an interesting discovery.

Sign into your account and join the Classics track now! It worked for me! It just has a button for the Classics track saying something like “add this track for $23”! ☺

Hope it works for you! 🤞
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I cancelled last month because I didn't really want anything for January. I didn't want to sign back up mid month because then I would have to get a Jan record or swap anyway.

Can’t believe it but I’m gonna pass on Aretha. It’s a great album but I really just don’t know how much I’ll be spinning her in my household, love her but I find her music also fatigues my ears pretty quickly. Will have to mull over swaptions!

Back