Vinyl Me Please Classics

It did not. I just got it last month so I'm certain it didn't have that goofy-ass thing.
That's what I figured. Mine just has a hype sticker that says classics. Was trying to figure out when it started because I was debating filing all my VMP records together so the splines matched...but then realized that a bunch of early ones don't have it.

Jazz, 1982, crate-diggery: David Murray Octet- Home (Black Saint). Not particularly rare though. It’s a good album though and is quite different than the other jazz releases we have had. Think more Mingus or Ellington studio albums for larger ensembles.
What makes it crate-diggery? Aside from not being very well-known?

Exactly that haha! “Not well-known” is what I take when storf says something like “crate-diggery”.
When I think crate-diggery when it comes to Storf, that just means it's a Now-Again release hah. I take "crate-diggery" to be an album that has a bit of a cult status where originals are impossible to find for cheap. It can still be a bit out of left-field and not super well-known but there has to be SOME kind of demand for it.

When I think crate-diggery when it comes to Storf, that just means it's a Now-Again release hah. I take "crate-diggery" to be an album that has a bit of a cult status where originals are impossible to find for cheap. It can still be a bit out of left-field and not super well-known but there has to be SOME kind of demand for it.
I think I’ve seen often when he says “crate-diggery,” it tends to be something that has been sampled in well-known hip hop songs

That's how I interpret VMP's version of crate-digger.

That's what I figured. Mine just has a hype sticker that says classics. Was trying to figure out when it started because I was debating filing all my VMP records together so the splines matched...but then realized that a bunch of early ones don't have it.

Then you realized the jacket art was beautiful and deserved a better life than being clumped together bound by VMP'S ugly fake obi's

...right?

Then you realized the jacket art was beautiful and deserved a better life than being clumped together bound by VMP'S ugly fake obi's

...right?
Something like that.....
giphy.gif

I agree that the fake OBIs are a bit annoying and not visually pleasing when I'm playing the record and displaying the sleeve...but I'm also torn because I do like the look of all records whose splines look the same lined up next to each other on my shelves...my Impulse! collection looks real nice all next to each other.

Back