Vinyl Me Please Classics

Just joining in on the love for Al Green's "Call Me", my first spin just now and that pressing is stellar. I have a few Al Green albums and they are great, I just thought after quick looks that this was a live album (probably the artwork) - I would have purchased that Speakers Corner version a while ago if I knew it was studio (Man, what was I thinking?). Overall, very happy with this addition to the ol' Kallax. :)

That would’ve been my second guess. The Silver Spring store is my #1 shop out here
I definitely gotta check out the Silver Spring shop. The Frederick one is certainly worth checking out if you're ever up here! There's also two other great record shops only two blocks down from The Record Exchange.

Joe's Record Paradise in Silver Spring is my favorite for sure. I really like the Silver Spring Record Exchange as well, but Joe's has so much good stuff, you should definitely check it out if you haven't already. It's in the basement of an office building, but they have so much stuff (almost all used, I don't even know if they have a new section at all).

Joe's Record Paradise in Silver Spring is my favorite for sure. I really like the Silver Spring Record Exchange as well, but Joe's has so much good stuff, you should definitely check it out if you haven't already. It's in the basement of an office building, but they have so much stuff (almost all used, I don't even know if they have a new section at all).
I had checked them out once and couldn’t find anything that caught my eye, but I’ll certainly give it another shot! Thanks!

Am I the only that seems to have not been charged (at least yet) for Nat? I was signed up for all 3 tracks and only had got charged for two that month. Mine shipped late last week and no charge so far

Am I the only that seems to have not been charged (at least yet) for Nat? I was signed up for all 3 tracks and only had got charged for two that month. Mine shipped late last week and no charge so far
then I would say shh.... (I have no idea if I have been charged or not)

Got an email that Nat shipped from Pauly, unfortunately for him he received my true thoughts on the situation:

"Why was it sent FedEx SmartPost, it is insulting. You upgraded shipping to media mail, but now for an already delayed album, you revert back to the slowest option. This makes it appear VMP doesn't care that it was delayed or that people have been awaiting this for a month and a half. This along with other shipping/release issues are only magnified by this poor decision. I know CS didn't make this choice but it was wrong, hurtful, and decreases my trust in VMP's commitment to do what is right. The right thing would have been to send this priority or the equivalent from the other shipping companies. I am even more worried about getting Weyes Blood now because of this lacking priority to get these albums to people ASAP. The half promises about WB are concerning "we are 80% sure it will be repressed." The article about the forum closing states VMP wants to increase the customer experience, my experience has taken a huge hit (Nat, WB, closing the forum), if I wanted to put on my tin foil hat I would accuse VMP of making my experience terrible so when the "new" things are put in place it does improve my experience."

Pretty bummed, never looked at my records that came in during the 3 month window I spent waiting for my new table to arrive. Just went to play Blossom Dearie and saw that the label was stuck off center on one side, going pretty deep into the runout grooves, but not quite into the important grooves.

Not quite sure what to do here, given my assumption that I'm well beyond the window of getting a replacement.

G
Pretty bummed, never looked at my records that came in during the 3 month window I spent waiting for my new table to arrive. Just went to play Blossom Dearie and saw that the label was stuck off center on one side, going pretty deep into the runout grooves, but not quite into the important grooves.

Not quite sure what to do here, given my assumption that I'm well beyond the window of getting a replacement.

I got a replacement in 2015 for an album that sat on my shelf for months. I'd be surprised if they have that title anymore though.

Last edited:

ask anyway with sending a pic

Already done. Just sharing my lament with folks who’d get it 🙃

We feel your pain brother.
As I watch the tracking on my Nat, now in it's 4th day of its journey and I live in southeast in proximity to NC. And, today I got my email from Pauly about it 4 days after it shipped, all whopdee doo about it, just like rotten milk on a sh*t cake.

As I watch the tracking on my Nat, now in it's 4th day of its journey and I live in southeast in proximity to NC. And, today I got my email from Pauly about it 4 days after it shipped, all whopdee doo about it, just like rotten milk on a sh*t cake.

which is why I replied to it

Well, thankful for this thread. I wouldn’t have even known the new Nat Turner Rebellion were in without it. My copy arrived warped and label off center. I was assured I would get a replacement. After seeing your shipment posts I emailed asking about the status of my replacement. Apparently I was forgotten, they have now put in for my replacement to be sent out. Guess I had to remind them. 🙄

Well, thankful for this thread. I wouldn’t have even known the new Nat Turner Rebellion were in without it. My copy arrived warped and label off center. I was assured I would get a replacement. After seeing your shipment posts I emailed asking about the status of my replacement. Apparently I was forgotten, they have now put in for my replacement to be sent out. Guess I had to remind them. 🙄
they need lots of reminders these days

which is why I replied to it

Yeah, I was inspired by your message and sent him something similar. The company is clearly in IT systems hell to boot. Yesterday, I received my second "come back, here's a free LP" email from VMP, only to have it say "sorry this deal isn't valid" after following the link and logging in, so it knows I am actually active and did not leave, but just not when it comes to sending those emails! ! I reported it before to CS the first time and they said 'whoops'. I sent this second one to Storf.

Welcome to the international member VMP experience.

Not lamenting though.

Back