Vinyl Me Please Classics

Can someone remind we what happened with Nat Turner? I'm subscribed classics so I just automatically got it no trouble.

The "system" allowed people to swap for it after the stock was depleted. So three things happened, some people's swaps didn't close for Classics only and they didn't get it. Then they sent Pauly on to say they thought no one else would be affected, but several people were, everyone else got it as planned. So they pressed more and are just now sending them out.

here is my email:

So not only did I not get Nat the first time around, you sent it FedEx SmartPost, the slowest shipping option. This has been a truly terrible experience and this is basically an insult to injury. If anything this should have been sent USPS priority, regular FedEx, or regular UPS. This is rather unacceptable, this sends the message that "hey we know we didn't get this to you in the proper month so now we have it, we really don't care so we are sending this with the slowest and cheapest method because why rush this to customers that have already been waiting a month and a half for it to ship."

here is my email:

So not only did I not get Nat the first time around, you sent it FedEx SmartPost, the slowest shipping option. This has been a truly terrible experience and this is basically an insult to injury. If anything this should have been sent USPS priority, regular FedEx, or regular UPS. This is rather unacceptable, this sends the message that "hey we know we didn't get this to you in the proper month so now we have it, we really don't care so we are sending this with the slowest and cheapest method because why rush this to customers that have already been waiting a month and a half for it to ship."

Get 'em bro. Their crap has got to stop at some point. They have a good thing, but they seem determined to run it into the ground by screwing their customers.

And that's just where we differ; personally don't find it any of those things. I love a lot of the non-religious Mavis albums, and got the main one VMP issued, but intentionally skipped the exclusive.

Very much aware of Rosetta's influence, as I stated, but that doesn't make listening to those specific songs any more palatable.
So you can't enjoy Michaelangelo's Pieta, El Greco's Burial of the Count of Orgaz (or pretty much any western art from the last 1000 years) simply because of their religious themes?

Insult to injury apparently it was sent SmartPost, time to email.

Unfortunately as you say this is not best practice for customer service. IMO something should have been done to apologize, wether that was a $5 voucher or express shipping. Hopefully the records themselves aren't going to suffer from a rushed second press.

That would’ve been my second guess. The Silver Spring store is my #1 shop out here

I definitely gotta check out the Silver Spring shop. The Frederick one is certainly worth checking out if you're ever up here! There's also two other great record shops only two blocks down from The Record Exchange.

So you can't enjoy Michaelangelo's Pieta, El Greco's Burial of the Count of Orgaz (or pretty much any western art from the last 1000 years) simply because of their religious themes?

I'm not going to impugn anyone's motives for responding or for their lack of reading comprehension, but the incredibly ridiculous responses to me are just getting to be too much. When I say that I have no interest in listening to gospel music, that's it. That's the statement I'm making.

One of my majors in college was Religious Studies. I have spent a lot of time researching and thinking about all of it, "any Western art" included. I was in Philadelphia for a cousin's wedding and while I wandered by the Liberty Bell, the one thing I truly made sure to do was spend an afternoon at The Barnes. I didn't spend much time with the crucifixion or angel paintings, but of course looked at them, primarily for technique and color palettes of the era. The other masters were far more interesting, though, so I focused on those.... just as I choose to spend my available money and listening time on non-gospel artists.

Dang... turns out my Call Me is severely dish warped. Replacement requested. I haven't seen a lot of other posts about issues, so hopefully there are plenty of replacements available still.

View attachment 1018

So, I didn't buy it. But I saw this today at my local store in the "RARE SHIT" section.
I did a bit of research on these pressings. I found an OG copy in a charity shop and bought it, so I read up on all the pressings and which were the best ect. Apparently the Japanese pressing is stellar (as they tend to be). Worth the $40 if your a fan!

Back