Vinyl Me Please Classics

The Shaggs and The Ohio Players are a funky little one two punch Nathan
The Shaggs just isn’t for me. But I can understand why so much people love that album! It just sounded dumb but not cute, sexy and funny like Vanity 6...

I want Vanity 6!!! I want something flirtatious, dumb, sexy, raunchy and cheeky 🙊

The Shaggs just isn’t for me. But I can understand why so much people love that album! It just sounded dumb but not cute, sexy and funny like Vanity 6...

I want Vanity 6!!! I want something flirtatious, dumb, sexy, raunchy and cheeky 🙊

Now you’re talking Nathan. That is a fantastic album. Prince at the top of his game. The production is years ahead of the pack. You’ve inspired me to put it on.

F6C06DA2-3050-4BC8-9D73-56DBB4502F29.jpeg

My copy is really good condition, so I still need The Shaggs more though... but i’d take another copy of Vanity 6 any day.

Now you’re talking Nathan. That is a fantastic album. Prince at the top of his game. The production is years ahead of the pack. You’ve inspired me to put it on.

View attachment 13328

My copy is really good condition, so I still need The Shaggs more though... but i’d take another copy of Vanity 6 any day.
You’re teasing me now Murfocakes! 😩

I’ve got The Time, The Family, Sheila E on vinyl but no Vanity 6 😭😭😭

Wish I was with you now listening to it!

I'm in the same situation (unsubscribed, but want the BN title). I actually thought about signing up this month just to be sure, but I'm just going to log in at 9am PST on announce day and hope for the best. If I don't get it, I'll just console myself with 2 Music Matters titles instead of 3 months of VMP Classics.

I believe Storf is still giving hints over on Reddit, so we will probably know which Blue Note album is coming before announcement day. Depending on how interested you are in the record, you could always decide to sign up early anyway.

I believe Storf is still giving hints over on Reddit, so we will probably know which Blue Note album is coming before announcement day. Depending on how interested you are in the record, you could always decide to sign up early anyway.

That's a good suggestion - Thanks. I don't go on Reddit too much, but I did get a little more info out of Storf the other day, so it's not one of the "other six" picks from Don Was. (See below). The fun of guessing is kinda gone for me now that Storf doesn't regularly interact with us and we don't have a dedicated guess thread.

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 10.30.51 AM.png

That's a good suggestion - Thanks. I don't go on Reddit too much, but I did get a little more info out of Storf the other day, so it's not one of the "other six" picks from Don Was. (See below). The fun of guessing is kinda gone for me now that Storf doesn't regularly interact with us and we don't have a dedicated guess thread.

View attachment 13443

You’re welcome at the N&G AoTM guess thread. @Teeeee interacts a lot and even so we’re stumped!

From this page: "More than 30 or so stone-cold classics were put out by Blue Note in 1964. Here are just a few of them."

From this page: "More than 30 or so stone-cold classics were put out by Blue Note in 1964. Here are just a few of them."

Such a solid year for jazz. I’d be down with one of the Jackie McLean albums that came out in ‘64. I kind of have a feeling it might be Tony Williams Life Time though.

1964 makes me a bit nervous only because I own a lot of these in audiophile quality (MMJ or Cisco (Dexter Gordon - One Flight Up)) so the Classics would not appeal to me and swaptions being shit lately doesn't help...
I really hope it's something that hasn't been pressed recently

Back